The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally I was planning to put the symbol on dog tags but the details would have been too small for me to burn. Round pendants might be the better choice anyway. I used maple, guatambu, walnut and bilinga.

I thought you guys might like seeing these :)

Pendant Zombie 1.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Hehee.. crazy! I remember Jörg wearing that T-shirt in one of his videos. How did you do them? Burned "by hand"? They look perfectly symmetrical! Nice! Maybe it's possible to use them as targets made of another material, the wood would break too easily?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments :)

Yes, I burned them by hand. I did transfer a template I made in Illustrator to the pendants first. I then traced the outline with a micro tip for my Razertip wood burner and filled it in with another micro tip.

This technique can be used for signing or decorating slingshots as well.

For targets it would be easier to just print it on paper.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
That was on one of Joerg's shirts right? Nice. But possible copyright issues if you want to sell them?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think there would be any copyright issues. It has the biohazard symbol which I tweaked for wood burning and because I rebuild the circles, stars and text as well there won't be an exact match with other versions of the symbol.

·
Im from Holland, isnt that weird?
6,001 Posts
You burned those by hand?! Man you have a steady hand :D awesome! :)

·
1,105 Posts
We need something similar only with a slingshot(and a phrase)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I might try to do something like this in aluminum. Let me see, that's project number 5,524. Should be done by sometime in 2050. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts