Zombie Apocalypse Warhammer ^.^

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Schultz, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Hey Guys, I think the most of you know my Zombie Duck Survival Stuff,
    but now I have made a little bigger one Sling"Blade", and it is all and nothing ;)

It`s made from an a old self made Dumbbell (My Dad make it for me as Child) and i have attached a folding Spade.
    Inside the Spade is a Threaded rod. On this I can mount a Fork.
    The Warhammer weight 4,2 kg and fits in every Bag.
    You can hit very fast with the Blade and Handle like a Half sword, or hit with 1 or 2 Hands, very fast like an Axe.
    Also with 2 Hands and the Hammer side very Powerfull.

But see yourself ;) I have Crashed a Honey Melon and also a clay Pipe.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6kxpYQjkfk[/ame]

In the Second Part I show you what Tools the Warhammer have and at 2:47 I try the Slingshot, throw the Hammer and then I make a comparison between a Long and Short Hammer, a Pike and a Spate versus my Warhammer.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZVlxO175zA[/ame]

And the third part is only a 5 min. Berserk Rage ;)
    I know I can hit faster when i swing it around like a Berserk but I think for the Start it´s ok.
    And it´s the First time that i train to throw it on a target, I try to throw it through the little hole... So please forgive me, the first throws.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm-5GQk5WgM[/ame]

I hope you like this, have a nice Day ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  2. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

So... A poorly balanced e-tool. It's a little bottom heavy.

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Yes, melon destruction! !:D
    I like how the finished weapon looks and functions, for smashing and chopping, it would be hard to find a better tool that is equally compact!
    Great video too, the Zombie Duck title screen was a great touch!

4. Great Video!

Great Zombie Apocalypse Warhammer!

Nice Introduction!

Absolutely the best Music to your Video with this heavy Metal Zombie Apacalypse Warhammer!

Joe

5. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I didn't mean any offence. I was just commenting on the poor balance. It'd be a con when carrying and fighting zombies. Buy a Vietnam E-tool and you'll see the difference.

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thx my Friends! I´am glad that you like it :D

But I dont think that it have a poor balance, on full lengh it have the same weight and balance like a splitting ax or a sledge hammer,
    it is not a balanced Sword but a really brutal Hammer and it makes his Work as you can see in the Video very well.
    And when you hold him at the Hammer side you have also a good balanced, half sword.
    I cant swing my Saber much faster as this ^^

But I would find it very interesting When you show us your E tool, maybe we can make a comparison on a same goal.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I disagree. When you figure the utility of the weapon, it explains any perceived imbalance. The weight lends itself to a smashing weapon, a very functional survival hammer AND it acts as a counter-weight against the draw of the slingshot mount on the shovel end.
    Also, given that the weapon is held, when chopping/slashing from the weight end itself, there would be no imbalance. The mass toward the handle should also help decrease vibrations through the hands from impact with objects.
    All in all, a very functional and well-thought weapon and survival tool.

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thank you ;)
    @ Wanimator, here you can see how it is balance. My Splitting Axe at Home weight 3.6 kg and my Sledgehammer on Work 5kg.
    I can also throw it 15 m away, so i think 4.2 kg is ok.
    And when someone is not strong enough he can use only the half Handle for a lighter Hammer and Axe in every Hand but this is for the other Video ;)

Attached Files:

9. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Hmm okay you haven't entirely convinced me but you did well! Though I really should post some more pictures.

10. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I think this is an exciting weapon. It reminds me of ones Kirk and Spock were trying to kill each other with in an old Star Trek episode.:D

A design based on this could use the fold-down shovel as a handslap shield/ melee gauntlet.

I agree with Drachentoter--the music goes very well with the mayhem.

11. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Warhammers have no balance...and they don't need it. A heavy side, to smash, a light side where you hold it. Balance is pointless. It doesn't have a long blade and a short grip. You can hold one hand on the light tip and the other close to the hammerhead, and when striking you simply slideback the hand, close to the other. Heavy hammer principle, axe principle, heavy mace principle.
    Wanimator, you should read the John Clements book, "medieval swordmanship". Teaches a lot about the practival use of this weapons. I've practiced a lot of fencing, asian weapons trainning and even medieval swordmanship, so I can surely tell you to forget the balance stuff.
    Try to analise the balance of a flail!:D

Great video! The hammer has potencial (it's up to you to uncover it, Schultz). I just think that it is not a good practice to spin it on the air like hollywoodian movies. Somehow unneffective and there is a risk of self hitting (I saw a guy from zombie go boom cut the back of his arm with a mace-scissors improvised weapon.

I think i'll try to put some color on the drawing...to improve the already cool opening!

12. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thx my Friend :D
    You´re right, I saw the Video to and I know what you mean... I´am careful! I stop to spin the Hammer and hope I discover his potential ;)
    edit: some Colour would be great :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  13. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

Schultz you are a very sick man................I LIKE YOU.

14. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

The ZGB cut was from a mis-step. Plus it was a retarded weapon in the first place. The metal tube alone is much better, (Charles says so but meh I still thought it before I heard him say it) And the idea is just ridiculous.

15. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thx my Friend :D

@ Wanimator:
    What idea is just Ridiculous?!
    I'am sure you are a really skilled Swordsman how know what you say when I read my way through your Posts :D
    https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f11/my-swords-zulu-spear-30038/#post216680
    https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f11/today-while-chopping-pine-branches-up-my-new-zulu-30032/
    I'am sure I can not keep up with your Sword and your Zuluspear but it would be nice when you show us first your stuff in a Video before you start to criticize others. ;)
    And when you could justify your Statements! ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  16. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

What on earth are you talking about sir? I'm afraid I don't know what a ZGB cut is, nor do I know what weapon you are calling 'retarded' and who in the hell is 'Charles??' I am very confused.

17. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Good Morning my Friend!
    This are some Guys that test Weapons versus. Zombieskulls on Youtube, 2 Days ago they test also Jörg`s Skullhammer. --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHD2dsMT6Hs
    And one Guy "Charles" cut on his Arm with a Pipe. He have easy attached sharp Blades with duck tape and he try to hit with the backside so that he cut on the backside from his Arm with the Blades...
    But this have nothing to do with my Warhammer ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  18. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ahhh! Now I understand! I feel like a bit of an idiot for not realizing!! However, I was a bit confused, because like you said, it had nothing to do with your weapon! Thanks for the explanation!

19. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Cool weapon, Shultz! [​IMG] You can do some serious apocalyptic damage with that.

You made me hungry with that melon tho. I didn't have any so had settle for peaches instead. :p

Is that Dio?

20. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thank you, I'am glad that you like it and peaches are also very tasty ;)
    But what you mean with "Dio" ?