Well the last couple of days have been fairly productive for me, I've just finished a few projects that will be appearing in the next couple of days but for the moment I present you with one I made at the start of the week. This particular fork had some damage when I harvested it. So after the initial shaping I made the face flat using my new belt sander. Unfortunately this revealed a little more damage further in, the fork was strong enough after testing in the vice but i sanded the damage of leaving me with a wedge of wood missing from the grip. I decided to glue a piece of Oregon (Douglas Fir) into the missing wedge's spot and shape. Not wanting to leave the end plain I glues a lovely and dark piece of jarrah as an end-cap and shaped. This is the result after BLO and wax treatment Here's the front The Back And side profile The end cap is very dark, as you turn it over you see so many hues of Red, Maroon and Purple right down to black.