Year 1995 The most powerful slingshot in the world

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by Erlkonig, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Erlkonig

Erlkonig New Member

When you see the topic you might think that I'm talk about Joerg's slingshot .
    whereas the date year 1995.

back to 90's I brought a mag named Soldier of Fortune 1995 Oct. , in its classifieds where sell fake guns, chepo knives , women around the world beside these,

[​IMG]

a " most powerful slingshot in the world " Ad really attracts me, want to ask anyone have this one?

[​IMG]

it said

.More engery than .22 LR aound.
    .Shoot 184 gr lead ()50cal) 200 ft/sec
    . Over 300 yard range.
    .Hunt grouse,duck,squirrel, rabbit.coon.cat.dog,badger, even coyote
    .Shoot 50 cal. holes clear thru 3/8 plywood.
    .Up to 60 lb draw - similar to heavy hunting bow

catty + 4 bnd set$ 39

from Pal Imports, Pleasant Grove UT.

2. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, the claim that it can shoot an 11,5 gram (= 185 grain) BB at 66 m/sec (= 200 fps) is not unrealistic for a starship, even if you consider the very high fork that will make 60 lb draw force almost unbearable on your forearm.

But I have never heard of a .22 round that does just 25 Joule of energy... except when shot from an air rifle. In fact, you can make a slingshot from a natural fork and a single TBG band set in under five minutes that will outperform this thing by a huge margin.

3. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Old ads crack me up. Thanks for showing this.

The one above is pretty good too--hit a man eleven times or more a second...ouch!

4. FilthyRusty

FilthyRusty New Member

can you win a fight in 3 seconds

we train people who can LOL

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I used to know a chick that could drop a man to his knees with one blow:eek:.

6. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

that brought some weird thoughts up over here ...:eek:

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

She vas VERY popular;).

8. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Flatband on the SSF is a Classic Slingshot collector and is likely to be your best resource for answers.

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Sensible answer by Flipgun, I'm more interested in Dolos Beachfork ;)

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

That is a "Nightstalker", first sold in the 80s by a company called "Lighthouse Marketing". I believe they were located in Las Vegas. The product disappeared. Actually I never saw an ad for it that late - maybe that "import" company bought the remaining stock and sold it cheaply.

11. Erlkonig

Erlkonig New Member

Yap Nightstalker,I was thinking about this one but the fork looks different;)[​IMG]

12. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Speaking of old magazine ads... I’m still searching for a pair of those special eyeglasses that enable you to see through women’s clothing. If anybody has a good pair they’d like to sell cheap, please let me know. Thanks.

13. jurassicbark2000

jurassicbark2000 jurassicbark2000

I can remember my brother talking about that mag yonks ago maybe the 70s takes me back a bit