Would this slingbow work?

Discussion in 'Slingbows' started by Farsla93, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Farsla93

Farsla93 Badass member

2. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

I can't see why it wouldn't shoot the arrow but with both limbs moving so much, it would probably have quite a jolt at the end of the rubber contraction. This looks like a question best answered by the "Godfather" imho.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

3. Farsla93

Farsla93 Badass member

Yeah I would like Jörg to answer to! :)

4. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

It will, but there are more efficient ways of making a swinging arm shooter. You're going to want to increase the angle of the limbs to being completely vertical with the rubber at tension. stringing the bow will tension the rubber even more, and your draw will still only stretch it about 300% instead of the more powerful 500%

It's funny you post this because I was designing one to work on the same principle a few months back. The swinging arm is not a popular choice because the arrow speed relies on the speed of the string. When you factor in the weight of the arms that need to swing, you've deducted a measurable amount of force from the bands.

If you want to still try this, more power to you. I may still make mine.

5. Catamantaloedis

Catamantaloedis Junior Member

Just do it, make a video, load it up. We will see if it works and give constructive advise

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

It would work. But there are easier, more effective ways of making a slingbow.