World's Most Traveled Slingshot

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by bigdh2000, Apr 18, 2017.

1. JanP

JanP Junior Member

I've never had any doubt that this beauty has been swaffeled several times

2. Sidewalkhunter2

Sidewalkhunter2 Hoden

Everyone had some time with the poor slingshot at the meeting. ;)

3. JanP

JanP Junior Member

I even have some private time until tomorrow

4. vestlenning

vestlenning Sling it!

JanP: Postage Norway to Germany didn't come cheap, how much is Germany to Reunion Island?

5. JanP

JanP Junior Member

Hmmmm, I am not sure if I should tell you the price... you might get mad :rolleyes:

9,50€

6. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Reunion is a department of Paris so technically it is within the EU When I posted there the ordering dept had a hernia trying to sort out the postcode (France).

7. vestlenning

vestlenning Sling it!

Only € 24.50 cheaper then, maybe Norwegian prices aren't that high after all ...

8. Gniaffron

Gniaffron Junior Member

Postage can be a pain here... We are a French Department regarding the law, but not regarding the customs..
    When I order online, the price depends on whether I put France or Reunion (obviously more expensive for Reunion) but if I put France it arrives anyway (and sometimes faster), go figure!

Last time I sent myself a package from mainland France to here, it was more than a month ago, and I still didn't get it. Postal customs want me to pay fees to deliver my own stuff...

BUT I'm sure the slingshots will be fine :D

9. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Way cheaper than taking it yourself. Cycling would take a lot of expensive calories. A car a lot of fuel. As for walking that's a long time off work
    The maps alone would cost more.

10. JanP

JanP Junior Member

11. JanP

JanP Junior Member

Yes, but taking it personally to Reunion was something I thought about... but my wife wouldn't let me without her ;)

12. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Women.

13. JanP

JanP Junior Member

You can't live with them... You can't without them :rolleyes:

14. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

"Adam You need a companion. If you let me have your leg I will give you a special person. '
    'Leg? I don't want to hop about!'
    'Well let me have a rib. '
    After Adam woke up from a deep sleep he felt some tenderness in his chest but Who is this delightful creature before me?
    "It is woman"

Three months later Adam ponders.
    "Hopping wouldn't have been so bad,"

15. JanP

JanP Junior Member

No status update from DHL tracking for more than two weeks... I am a little bit worried. @Gniaffron... What are typical delivery times to Reunion? Is this still normal?

16. Gniaffron

Gniaffron Junior Member

Anywhere between 7 to 45 days.... For the moment I wouldn't worry too much!

For all I know it could be arriving tomorrow! Fingers crossed...

17. JanP

JanP Junior Member

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1506707950.558213.jpg the package came back today... any idea what could be wrong?

18. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

It's just to add to the suspense.

Google:

FD means "Fausse Direction", looking quickly means that the sorting office made a mistake and it went in the wrong direction. So it will have gone wrong somewhere and got put back into the normal post system and re delivered.

19. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

A wild guess, but maybe don´t write France ( Reunion Island)... that way it will go to France first ... just write Reunion Island...:) I guess that was the reason why the postage was so cheap ... they thought "France?... thats not that far... 10 Euros standard France postage":D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  20. JanP

JanP Junior Member

Probably that was the problem... Next try will be on Monday... this time I'll just write Reunion, nothing else... and if that doesn't work, I'll have to take it personally to Reunion ;-)