The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this slingshot by Drew so much I wanted to make one myself. This is the link to his post. Please give him props for such a beautiful SS. http://www.theslingshotforum.com/showthread.php?t=40275

I'm going to post build pictures as I go. I've never made a post like this before. Hope you like it!

Making this one from Golden Chain tree. It has beautiful heartwood. The only problem is that it is destroying my tools. Its so freaking hard. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Here you go. From the first picture to last picture is about 2.5 hrs worth of work. Its still 2 inches thick so I have a lot of work to do this weekend. It might be a 3 week build

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,882 Posts
Amazing natural fork you have there. Enjoying the progress. Excellent design to copy.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazing natural fork you have there. Enjoying the progress. Excellent design to copy.
Thanks man! I've been waiting til it was fully dry to start using it again. It cracked too much before when I used the golden chain. Now it's tougher than balls. Broke teeth off my saw

I like what I'm seeing! :D I'm really glad you're liking the design so much. That is some beautiful wood you're using there. I'll be watching this thread for sure.

Thanks!

exactly that!

:)

Very cool! Can't wait to see this build come along. Way to provide props to Drew as well!
Thanks! Credit where credit is due

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a little but done last night. The first picture is a cut that took me 5 minutes to cut by hand. That wood is so freaking hard. I'm also worried about the last picture. Should I fill in the crevass with epoxy or make the spot in between the forks bigger? I like how it looks though so I'm leaning towards epoxy

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,882 Posts
Don't fill any unless there is structural concern.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
That's some incredible wood. Great so far! I'm not sure what option I'd pick for that void...Can't wait to see the next step!

·
Registered
494 Posts
That desing rocks! I am also a fan of Drews sling and lucky enough To get one hopefully in a day or two
Damn customs hehe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts