Woo Tang and Hair Cutter!!!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by KnuckieG, Aug 21, 2013.

1. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

100_3709 (copy).JPG

Grants Hairspliter (copy).JPG

Steve's been busy! The Woo Tang is a spin on JS's W Slingshot it reminded me of the Wu Tang Clans logo lol! Well I couldn't call it ODB really lol! The second is a variation on the Haresplitter design but with a "Cuff" an arm brace. I haven't got them to test yet but I'm really excited :)

2. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

grant glove shot 1.JPG

The next step is to combine the best elements of the two above with the Kelly gangsta style slingshot into one absolute BEHEMOTH of a Slingshot!

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Impressive work as aways...the cuff seems a lot unconfortable.....

4. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Yeah I know BV once I actually hold it I can see if it will work. I was wondering about cutting off a section so it could be partially strapped but hopefully there'll be no need too. Worst comes to the worst I can unscrew it :)

Steve doesn't shoot so R&D is tricky but he hasn't put a foot wrong so far :) it's a very personally driven design as you can imagine not a one size fits all catty.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Excellent work on both designs! I agree with BV though, seems like the cuff may put your wrist at an uncomfortable angle. But this is why we build things, to experiment and learn new designs!
    Again, great job and please relate our good words back to Steve as well

6. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thanks Will! :) He's a genuine friend the good wishes will mean a lot to him! He went through 6 sanding belts on it :eek: Will,BV how would you guys alter the cuff to work for you? Genuinely interested! I think it needs to be angled further away from the forks for a lower profile maybe smoothed where it makes contact with the arm or padded my opinion but I haven't tried it yet so who knows it may not be necessary. I'm definitely going to order the real thing too it's Nathan's stroke of pure genius after all. :)

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Well, it is hard to judge ergonomics without having the object in question actually in ones hands. But just looking at the picture, perhaps elongating the cuff a bit and bringing the angle closer to 90º in relation to the grip. This would help your wrist to stand up a bit more and possibly be more comfortable. The addition of a nice leather pad would be a good choice as well. But, most importantly, it is how it feels/looks to you that matters!

8. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

All great suggestions Will thanks you're quite right you really need to hold it to see how it sits. He's gone into overdrive the Slingshot bug has struck HARD!!! His Enthusiasm is verging on ocd lol! Dirty Boy 1.JPG

John Morton cattie 1.JPG

Random Catapult in Burl Spanish Olivewood and Bubinga Heal 1.jpg

Random Catapult in Root Walnut and Birch Ply 1.JPG

Random Catapult in Root Walnut and Birch Ply 2.JPG

Scott Beaton's The Scottish shooter 1.JPG

T1 in Root walnut and Quilted Maple 1.JPG

The Duster 1 in Burl Olivewood, Padauk, Gumtree wood , Mahogany and Brich ply 1.JPG

The Mjölnir 1 in Burl Olivewood and  Zebrawood.JPG

The Mjölnir 1 in Root Walnut and Birch Ply.JPG

9. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

10. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wow! That is a collection of masterpieces, for sure!

12. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Those are incredible I wants them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I'm getting tired :( make a etsy store I'm sure everyone will have one in a week...

J

13. Brazilviking

Seems to be a very handy guy... And with a lot of artistic expression. He doesn't follow traditional patterns. He makes crazy shapes and layers. You said that he doesn't shoot? Unbelievable!

14. Courier

Courier Senior Member

A very nice collection! Thank you very much for sharing it.
    I noticed the blue or purple wood...does anyone know what kind of wood this is? It looks really cool :cool: ( like everything else on the pictures).

15. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thanks Guys! xXdoomXx I'll suggest that to him but feel free to email him [email protected] I'm sure he'll sort you out :) . BV yes it's true I sent him 4 different banded catties and some ammo last week so he can learn the fun side up till now he hasn't shot a catty before! :eek: Is your eye better by the way mate? Courier I just texted him the purple is purple wood with teak oil but the blue is ink believe it or not and sealed with oil. Good day my mate has given me an old knackered welsh dresser I'm saving the book case top part but the bottom I'm going to destroy as a catchbox Yippee!!! Lol!

Steves just slotted the 8 string guitar FORTY yes FORTY fret fingerboard today! 40 fret ballake.JPG

16. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^
    I have trouble enough with 24 frets!

17. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Lol! I understand entirely I'm just getting used to 27 frets but the leap up from 6 to 8 strings is the real test I'm still trying to figure it out lol!

18. Obelix

Obelix Delete

Great stuff of slingshots. Congrats. Great work that you do.

19. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

now just band them up and start shooting

Enes

20. Brazilviking

My eye is ready for the next burn! thanks for asking! How does he make that funky groovy curly cuts on the wood? scrollsaw?