Wish Me Luck!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WildBill, Nov 8, 2013.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Tomorrow I start filming my first live-action video. The song is 'This Stone', which is a parody of Maroon 5's 'This Love'. The parody is medically oriented and I have one hour to film all of the sequences in a medical building with the help of two doctors. It's not a professional production- my wife will be filming while I act out the song. If all goes well I may have the video completed Saturday or Sunday. If so, I'll link it here.

-Wild Bill

2. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

luck :D

btw i thought wishing luck in showbizz is bad luck?

3. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Sound like you will preform great.

4. WildBill

Bad luck is better than no luck. btw, speaking of your sig line, did you know that, despite those who say that all sheep are alike, they in fact have mutton in common?

-Wild Bill

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Best luck, Bill! I'm still trying to get some footage for you, but orthopaedic surgeons dont get close to belly surgery or examination...

6. WildBill

No big, Bro. Besides, it'll be alot easier to get the footage I need with me able to direct the action. Don't worry about it- I'll go with what I get tomorrow.

-Wild Bill

7. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Oh that sounds fun! Can't wait to see it!

8. WildBill

I plan on having fun. Heck, I can have fun at a funeral. My wife, Toni (who is the purdiest girl in the multiverse) is terrified at the idea of having to film. I spent some time with her this evening on 'framing', and the difference between 'head', 'bust' and 'body' shots. She'll do great, I'm sure.

-Wild Bill

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I would suggest that you 'break a leg' but I don't want to turn our resident Viking bone doctor loose on you:D!!
    However, I sincerely hope you knock 'em dead (figuratively speaking, of course. My lawyer said I had to add this disclaimer:cool:)

10. WildBill

Understood- I don't need him making a slingshot out of one of my appendages.

Oh, don't talk to me about lawyers. Do you realize how many HIPPA lectures I've already had to endure over this thing?!? Them lawyer folk are the ones needing to be knocked dead...

-Wild Bill

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Good luck to you Bill. Looking forward to the video!

12. WildBill

That was fun! Toni (my wife AKA the purdiest girl in the multiverse) enjoyed working the camera and surprised herself with how easy it was. I have a few more short takes to do here at the house and then it's time to assemble the final product! If all goes well it might be done and posted sometime tonight.

-Wild Bill

13. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

All the luck in your project Wild Bill, I guess you don't need it, despite is always better to have all the "starts aligned" ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

14. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

work seems to be done

The filming seems to be done,

I missed to post some wishes..
    but you were on my mind:
    I didn´t wish you luck, but success
    (luck is for gamblers ;) )

We are curious to see you creation!

kind regards,

Be

15. WildBill

If there's one thing I learned by this it is that I have a LOT to learn about making videos- and also that my extremely cheap camera is insufficient for doing anything of quality. Shortcomings aside, here's the result-

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpbJQ8_USE[/ame]

-Wild Bill

16. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey Bill,

that vid is nice- no need to worry for you!
    But I couldn´t think of anything but:
    Does poor Bill suffer from renal caluculusa/
    kidney stone(s)? If yes,then my best wishes
    to you, may that stone leave as soon as possible..

If you don´t, then how did you get that idea?
    -Kidney stone pain is said to be horrible!?

best wishes from a well entertained, slightly confused friend!

Be

17. WildBill

Heh. You're not the first to ask me that. No, I have never had kidney stones. I have had Diverticulitis (half of my colon was removed about 5 years ago due to a rupture) as well as infected colitis, so I am familiar with intense abdominal pain. I got the idea, or the anchor line, at random... I was just 'doodling' with songs and landed on, 'This stone is making it hard to pee'. From there I just wrote the rest of the lyrics real quick based on a medical review of caluculusa symptoms and treatments.

-Wild Bill

18. WildBill

Heh. The doctor showed this to his kids, and he said that they were aghast that their dad would be involved in such a thing. Some people's kids...

19. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Haha, this is great. I ended up with kidney stones after a hefty mountain bike racing accident damaged my back and kidneys, so I feel your pain ;)

Harder to Breathe may have been a good Maroon 5 song to put this to because that's how it makes you feel!!

20. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

That's awesome mr bill

J