Wish me luck

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by JoergS, Jul 23, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

My plane will leave in 24 hours... I am visiting Nathan in South Carolina for three exciting days.

We have a full list of projects we want to film. One of these projects is my upcoming attempt to break the record for the most powerful handheld slingshot. Currently that record is held by Tobias, who reached 80 lb/ft/109.5 joules (188 fps) with the 25 mm steel ball.

I don't think I can beat Tobias with a non draw length extended slingshot, his technique is simply to good. Also I am a bit afraid of RTS shots that can happen when you draw out and INSTANTLY release, like Tobias.

I will use a 40 cm draw length extension for a draw of 190 - 195 cm total (superfly). My goal is to reach 60 m/s - or, even better, 200 fps(61 m/s) with my 67,5 g 1" steel balls. More than 125 Joules.

That will only be doable with a wrist braced monster slingshot, which is exactly what I will be using. Illegal in Germany, no problem in South Carolina.

I hope I will do it!

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Positive vibrations are going with you, Joerg!

3. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Our thoughts are with you, Jörg. You have the physical condition to break this record so DO IT! Good luck and greets to Nathan.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

good luck!!! i hope it works!!

5. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

Good luck. You should wear eye protection ;)

6. Have a good and nice time!

Joe

7. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Good Luck Joerg, make sure to keep us up to date!

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I´am looking forward to your Video and Press my Thumbs that you beat the Record! ;)

9. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

I hope everything goes well! I'm already looking foreward to the results! With a starship slingshot it shouldn't be much of a problem to beat Tobias' record, I guess?

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Breaking a Tobias record is never easy, believe me. Tobias has mastered to pull out and release in one fluid action. I can't do that, because I draw out with my arms (triceps) into full butterfly. Tobias uses his back and shoulder muscles to do that, bringing his outstretched arm down instead of pulling out.

This technique makes his shots so powerful. The draw increase from a starship may just barely be effective enough to compensate.

With a normal handheld slingshot, Tobias rules. I can't beat him, even though I think I am stronger. It's all about his technique.

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Best of luck to you, Joerg! I really want to see you as the record-holder, and I know you will succeed!

The Carolinas offer some excellent barbecue! Make sure to try some. With a good pulled pork sandwich in you, no slingshot will resist!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  12. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

"That will only be doable with a wrist braced monster slingshot, which is exactly what I will be using. Illegal in Germany, no problem in South Carolina. I hope I will do it!"
    [​IMG] Wishing you a safe and successful trip, Jörg! I think you're right about Tobias. He definitely rules with a normal handheld. Nothing quite like it.

But in all other areas... You da beast! (translation: awesome!) We know you can do it !!!

13. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Give your best and have a good time - that's all that we want.:)

14. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

You are in my prayers. I really hope you can beat his record! His technique sounds awesome by the way!

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Good Luck with this Brother! I look forward to the video. Just remember this! It's just a childs toy. Don't be scared.

16. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Most time you don't deserve my "likes"..... This time you got it.
    Try not to be so annoying an wannabe expert and you shall get more of it.
    I'm still waiting to see any slingshot of yours!:D
    And te easter bunny.....santa.....faery tooth.
    Prove me that I'm wrong.

17. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Good luck Joerg :)

18. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

The weather is hot here in the southeast, so at least we will have that on the side of breaking the record! Regardless of whether the record is broken, hanging out with Jorg is always full of laughs and good fun.

19. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Have fun and take care Jeorg ... I wish you luck with this dangerous attempt ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

20. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

:p Be Nice!