Will this cut Baltic birch?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by 4foruglenncoco, Jan 12, 2014.

1. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I'm tired of using my s***y jig saw, and a coping saw take to much time with Baltic birch

Attached Files:

2. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

A friend of mine has one of those, i found the power of the motosaw is pretty underwhelming, its ok for small pieces of acrylic and thin ply but baltic birch would be too much.
    I got a small bandsaw for $100 when the motosaw is worth $130-170 here in australia.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Better served getting a decent used 15+ inch scrollsaw than that. I got a 15in delta from when they were still good for 110USD shipped on eBay.

4. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'd go to harbor freight and find something there, but then again I'd recommend harbor freight for just about anything

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I'd agree, go shopping at harbour freight. I have a 4" angle grinder that I bought 15 years ago, have used, and used, and abused. It just goes, and goes and goes.

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

+1 to all of what's been said so far. In addition to place like Amazon and Ebay for scroll saws or band saws, there's also Craigslist and, a place not everyone considers, local pawn shops. I browse them from time to time for guns and tools. Some of the places can be a little seedy, but I know which ones to avoid in my area. Every once in a while you can find a decent tool at a decent price, and most will haggle anyway, plus the ones I've been to will allow you to plug it in and test it to make sure they're running first. Either way, when it comes to Dremel, they are good for small stuff, but you're paying a premium for the name on the side of the tool.

7. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

this is meant for thin wood and other thin sheet material i think.

8. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

go for a bandsaw. I bought a scroll saw and it is easier than a coping saw, but a band saw is even better. Either way, use relief cuts to make curves easier.

9. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I can't afford a bandsaw so I bought a scroll saw today

10. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

I'm getting one soon too. Which one did you buy? Cheers!

11. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Harbor freight one, cheap(get the coupons off the website[20%!!!]) I only paid $56 and it cuts very well so far

12. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Great! Saw your other thread too. Should be a big improvement using a coping saw! Cheers!