The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been web searching for days but I dont see my particular issue being addressed. Most of what I read is about OTF causing hand slap on the return. Here is my issue and knowing near nothing about slingshots .. well I hope someone can give me a few ideas on what I might be doing wrong.

I only started shooting aslingshot about 3 weeks ago for my first time and I am shooting with Scout LT, Through the Forks and using what I have come to understand is a full pinch grip? I am using primarily baked clay 3/8 balls as ammo. I am very consistent at 8-12 yds on a 3" target and can manage a few shots in a row from out to 15 yds.

I am a long time handgun and rifle shooter but I shoot and have shot more handgun than rifle over the years so I keep a firm forward grip with my last three fingers wraped around the handle of slingshot. I hold that firm grip through the shot. I dont twist the pouch and I dont have and havent had a single frame hit.

but

Somewhere along the line I am getting consistently slapped on my forefinger to the point its a pretty nasty bruise. What a weird place to get slapped? I am thinking it cant be on the bands way out since I am making good solid hits so .. is it on the return? Is the pouch coming back and hitting me there?

Doesnt happen if I shoot over the top but .. the TTF sight picture is so natural for me I would hate to try and change it. Any help or advice would be appreciated!!
Alex

·
Registered
17 Posts
It looks like you were hit at that point were you holding your slingshot. The general reason for handslaps is when your bands are too strong for the weight of your ammo. Then switch to heavier ammo or lighter bands. I am an OTT shooter at full butterfly and i get many handslaps. Now i'm shooting the WASP wolf and now i got no handslaps at all. Maybe you get record your shot with a good smartphone at slowmo. Maybe you can discover something. Greetings from Germany

1 - 2 of 2 Posts