Wicked steel frag arrowhead idea

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by Slagskimmer Mike, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I was sawing up scrap into blanks for milling into cube ammo today, and had a handful of bits going back to the steel barrel.
    So I'm thinking,"I d hate to get hit with these nasty, burr-covered sharp devils. Maybe they aren't scrap..."

They have lame mass alone, so they need to travel as one, then split on impact :
    20130711_103749.jpg

20130711_104230.jpg
    Some kind of light tape will act as a Sabot, and if this is on the end of a crossbow bolt we can eliminate tumble...

The bolt hits with full energy of the 200+grams, tough zombie skin stops the scotch tape, then all of these plates do......?

I'm not sure, but should be messy:D

Any predictions? I'm not set up to test ammo this heavy (yet). Maybe the concept will interest someone who is.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i made wax slugs out of lead shot or small bb's, but your's are truly more impressive!

3. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Hmmm, a brutal weapon. Not quite skull penetrating but if it hits a zombie neck, Its head won't be upright.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is a good idea! And that would be truly nasty to receive! Essentially, a rubber-fired fragmentation grenade...that is just disgusting and twisted and sick. I love it :D

5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

that would make a nasty wound, i'd love to see this in slomo and such!