Why marbles are the best ammo

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Bullybreeder, May 27, 2013.

1. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

Well this guy made a video on why marbles are the best ammo to use for slinging so from now on im only going to use marbles for my slingshots.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_shCG3oH0Q[/ame]

Someone comment if this dude has given some wrong info ect ect :)

2. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I like the marble too because they are cheap,but I especially like the white ones because they are like a tracer round.

Last edited: May 27, 2013

3. Maulwurfsurfer

Maulwurfsurfer Junior Member

this guy seems to be stoned or something... 1:30 min of information repeated like 4 times^^
    well at least its not totally wrong what he is saying, but i think it depends on what u wanna do. if u shoot at home in a cachbox steelballs won't get lost so it's not really a metter of costs since marbles might break. when shooting somewhere where u loos ur ammo it might be right cheaper with marbles. but they are also not that heavy. which means not es much power and destruction as a same sized steelball. Lead ofcourse is cheap too but it is toxic so in my opinnion only a thing for a cachbox.

4. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I can pump more shots with a 12 Gauge shotgun into a deer than two.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  5. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

not before he stabs you in the ass lol

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

i completely disagree, marbles and hunting is like hunting deer with an airgun, they aren't heavy enough to gain good speeds and momentum, especially the last one is key, the higher the momentum the higher the chance the animal gets killed. the price difference isn't enough to risk a wounded critter slowly dieing and suffering from a bad shot. i'm not against hunting, i fully support hunting and hunters, but not if it is done this way...

7. LW

LW New Member

Unfortunately, I also have to disagree that marbles are the best ammunition. And for hunting they are not suitable at all. Maybe small birds...

I know marbles, because my daughter likes to play with them, and I discovered that some of them have different weights. Some have twice the weight of other, having the same diameter. Accurate shooting is impossible with that.
    My preferred ammunition are 10 and 12,7 mm hardened steel balls. 10 mm for target and 12,7 mm for plinking. 500 Steel balls cost me 14 € and mostly I shoot in a catchbox, so you can always shoot them again. My targets are different sizes of washers, hang on a magnet or a small rope. A marble will burst on hard targets.

And shooting marbles with strong bands will give you terrible handslaps because they are too lightweight. Even 12,7 mm Steel balls are not heavy enough for a good hunting Band setup.

So if it is difficult to buy cheap steel balls where you live, marbles are OK, but never better than steel balls.

8. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

+1

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Wasn't that Slingshot Boy?

10. RBurke83

RBurke83 New Member

11. Bullybreeder

Bullybreeder Banned

And what do you shoot with that ?

12. RBurke83

RBurke83 New Member

Mainly plywood, it's fun to bring out at parties when I tell people I made a gun out of plumbing parts that rivals handguns in power. I'm not a hunter. So far I've put 3.25 inch nail darts through 6 layers of 5/16ths plywood in a row. The darts wont handle anymore than about 275psi. The gun can go 450psi+ with slug ammo.

13. stej

stej New Member

I didn't managed to watch whole the video. I tried, I failed. So, from what he said - yes, marbles are cheap, fit well into the pouch and that's all. Too light for serious hunting. Compare steel balls and marbles - did you ever see a hole in a steel can caused by marble? And from steel ball? It's much better to listen to people who really have experience and know what they are talking about.

14. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

His wisdom humbled me.