Who can tell whats inside this laminate

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by beaverIII73, Jan 29, 2014.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

I started this project last week putting the peaces together, I got side tracked on a new knife build :D. I finally started cutting and shaping it last night. I have the rough cut done and now its file and rasp time. Here is a preview.

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Beav! There's no pic! I'm blinded by the lack of light!

-Wild Bill

3. beaverIII73

In not doing to well with this post tonight lol

4. beaverIII73

Sorry about that, here they are.

Attached Files:

5. beaverIII73

I started with three peaces of laxan and four peaces of red oak to form the tee. Then I added mahogany to one side and maple on the other. and finally some thin strips of cherry. I should have some more picks latter after I download them.

6. WildBill

All I can tell from this pic is that you've got Mahogany, Oak, plexy and something green. However, I can also tell that you understand the first rule of a woodshop- you can never have too many clamps.

-Wild Bill

7. beaverIII73

Are you kidding I need more but I think the wife will kill me if I bring any more home.

8. WildBill

This is where subterfuge comes into play. Sneak them in. Hide them in a paper or plastic bag... Drop them off at a friends house and smuggle them in later... Clamps are the fingers of God holding your work together. My shop has some 40 of them, and it's not enough! I need more!!!!

-Wild Bill

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

That's why there are flowers Bud! A $6.00 bunch from the grocery store will get quite a lot of stuff through the door.

10. beaverIII73

Finished but it's not sanded and no BLO yet. This will be my second rambone I have made. I use cheep plywood on my first one and I wanted something with a little more style so a new rambone is born.

Attached Files:

11. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Very nice, I wouldn't advise using boiled linseed oil, I would rather use food oil instead, I myself love using flax oil, creates great color

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Looking good dude.