White MCS

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Knallfrosch, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

There are several examples of fine slingshots with cool scales made from resin filled honeycombs which usually come from Voodoo resins. They have a huge variety of colors and combinations with and without honeycombs...
    One, that i found most desirable was one of the less spectacular colors ...plain white :D.
    Unfortunately Voodoo Resins is located in the US so shipping these scales over to germany would cost a pretty penny. That´s why i restrained myself from buying these nice scales.:(
    But fortunately i got my hands on empty alu honeycombs (Big Thanks to Thorsten!) and therefore the opportunity to make my own voodoo resin-like scales and it turned out pretty well.
    I used the famous MCS template from Flicks in the OTT version with topslots.
    10mm aluminum core with black plastic spacers and the white honeycombs as scales.
    Brass tube as lanyard hole, because this frame needs a lanyard to shoot it comfortably.
    And while we´re at it...i made a matching lanyard bead as well. ;)
    All polished to a high shine.

It was a pain in the butt to work with aluminum on white resin... but i think it was worth the effort.

Thanks for watching:) MCS-02b.jpg MCS-03b.jpg MCS-04b.jpg MCS-01b.jpg MCS-05b.jpg MCS-07.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018 at 4:29 AM
  2. kindlebear

kindlebear Slinger of Shots

godammit lars...i'd swaffel it all day long :D:D:D

awesome work as always

Sidewalkhunter and Knallfrosch like this.

3. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Indescribable. Something snake-ish bone-ish mother of pearl-ish and yet none of these and all of these. It’s organic yet not. It’s it’s indescribable. Well done.

Knallfrosch likes this.
  4. Sidewalkhunter

Sidewalkhunter Hoden

Oh Lars..... i always disliked white smartphones.... now i'll have to buy one or two and i need THAT SLINGSHOT!
    Well done, sir!
    Ok, i already told you.

Knallfrosch likes this.
  5. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

Thank you dear sirs for your kind words.
    Much appreciated.:)

6. pnutj13

pnutj13 Member

Knallfrosch likes this.
  7. dogman

dogman New Member

Knallfrosch likes this.
  8. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

I'm at loss for words. Somehow you constantly keep raising the bar!
    That is quite a chunky frame, yet it looks nimble and graceful - it even balances well.
    Outstanding work!