White lightning

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by beaverIII73, Dec 13, 2013.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Hello to all of you knifeholics. I just finished a new knife and I call in "White Lightning" Its 5 3/4" long over all with a 2 1/2" blade. I used another old file for the steel. this time I cut a lightning bolt pattern into the back of the blade. I am really happy the way it turned out. Unfortunately for me I made it for a gift exchange at my work's Christmas party. I think I'm going to add a board cut to the gift box and try to hook another unsuspecting soul to the world of rubber powered weapons. Hope you all like the way it look as much as I do.

Attached Files:

2. Can-Opener

Can-Opener New Member

Very nice! i hope the recipient is happy. It looks great!

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

In the UK White Lightning is a banned synthetic cider, this knife looks a lot more wholesome! Nice work :)

4. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Ooh cool, I think there are some great knives in your future; especially since this is only your second knife! (Right? If only seen 2)

5. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Your co-worker should be very pleased. Nice knife - I really like the little detail on the top of the blade. That would be hard to let go to someone else :)

7. Courier

Courier Senior Member

8. beaverIII73

In the US white lightning is also another name for moon shine (home made alcohol) strong stuff. :eek:

9. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

10. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

So... Are you also going to add a bottle of moonshine to the exchange? Either way, great work, BIII.

-Wild Bill

11. beaverIII73

No I don' t have any real Moonshine at the moment.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of was moon shine.

The brand "White Lightning" is legal, non-aged whiskey.

13. beaverIII73

I the White Lightning I had many years ago wasn't exactly legal but WOW it had a good kick.:rolleyes:

14. beaverIII73

So i wiped up a nice little shooter to go with the "white Lightning". Someone will have a merry Christmas.

Attached Files:

15. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Looking excellent :)

J

16. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

That's a killer little knife, Beav. :cool: The Wharncliffe is one of my all time favorite blade shapes. Very useful for a variety of tasks, and ridiculously easy to sharpen (straight edge). Very nice work.

17. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Very nice!

The lightning bolt detail is really sweet, did you do that by hand with an angle grinder or a cut off disc?

18. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

sure a killer for my eyes ... congrats beaverIII73 ! only a question, looks like you tempered the blade on fire ?
    cheers

19. beaverIII73

No Sir, I tempered in an oven at 400 F for two hours. Turns the blade nice gold color. I like how it looked so I left it that way. Cheers