where to buy ammo?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by thomasmaca45, Jan 15, 2014.

1. thomasmaca45

thomasmaca45 Member

I am running low on ammo (steal) and have been looking around for something cheap.
    the cheapest i have found was on eBay, it was from Hong Kong and still not that cheap.

So where do you get your ammo from?

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Where do you live? In the states? Outside the US?

I have bought steel off of Ebay, Amazon, Simple-Shot and at my local stores. Buying locally (if that's an option) turns out to be a decent way to go for me since shipping for a load of steel shot can get expensive. There are a few sellers on Ebay that are in the states that occasionally have good prices on steel, you just have to keep an eye open as they're not always available.

My only issue with buying steel locally isn't the price, it's very competitive, it's that I can only buy 1/4" and .30cal steel balls. If I want something bigger, it's usually back to the Bay. One suggestion, I wouldn't look only for steel "slingshot ammo" as I think that carries a premium just for the name. I usually look for bulk ball bearings which are usually just a bit cheaper than the same thing labeled "slingshot ammo".

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I agree with Wihak, it depends on where you are located. In the US, you can get steel ammo from most sporting good shops like Big Five and even Wal-Mart. Simple Shot is also another great option (I've purchased many things from there and have had nothing but great experiences). You can always check Amazon and eBay.

Another avenue to go down is mechanic shops, see if they have any old ball bearings they need to get rid of.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Some places use steel ball bearings for polishing, they may have waste BBs if there is anywhere like that near you.

5. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Got 3 of this from Amazon for $5.89 ea. But for some reason, I can't find a similar price anymore. If this is a good deal, I'll post when it's available again.
    [​IMG]

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I believe that is a pretty good deal.

7. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Just saw this one and placed an order. Looks like a good deal!
    [​IMG]

8. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

9. NamenloserHeld91

NamenloserHeld91 Senior Member

I just bought 1000 10mm steel balls for 20€. That was pretty nice to find :D