What's your zombie prep list? COMBAT.

Discussion in 'Zombie / Prepping related stuff' started by Wanimator, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Among the first aid kit, canned food, etc, (May get into that later) What'd you be carrying for combat? Personally I'd have a shotgun, SS (lightweight and for small game) A Cold Steel Gladius Machete (more sword less machete could be discluded and replaced with a hack saw) , And a Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri (perfect for combat among the abylity to replace a hatchet) I just wanted to get the ball rolling, more detailed edits coming as the ball starts rolling.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I don't see myself carrying too many firearms with zombies. I have a machete and a pistol crossbow at the moment. I need more!

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

mator, a shotty is no good, ammo is too heavy. Thinking we only need to disrupt the medulla oblongata for pacification, my firearm would be my browning buckmark .22lr loaded with cci blazer. 1,000 rounds weighs maybe 6lbs, the pistol is all ally and high impact plastic and weighs nothing even with a bull barrel. sure, the gauge is intimidating but 10 rounds outweighs a brick of .22lr. If you need a long arm, something like a ruger mini 14 is the choice due to reliability and lightish 5.56mm ammo. That's obviously in a you have to leave situation. The shotty is great if you have a secured place. The way I see it is if zombies are dead then the ear drum is dead thus no hearing so firearms are golden. If they are like rage virus zombies we're screwed so just put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye;) at that point. also what about a bow? Reusable ammo but the string becomes an issue. Hazmat suit and a spear?

4. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Spears aren't very effective with zombie fighting. They just aren't good at skull penetration sadly Unless it's like the naginata, which is a deadly slasher, (watch Zombie go boom when they test the sog spirit and you'll see the conventional spear fail).Actually Shotguns aren't bad when you are staying in a relative area with little zombies coming and they work great for hunting. (And .22s are quite difficult to kill a zed with) That also goes along with birdshot. But the force would knock them back for sure. - I am no expert just using common sense. I in no way claim to or want to act like one.

5. SnerdWilliams

SnerdWilliams New Member

I have a cold steel Voyage knife. I'd say about 4 inches? Folds into my pocket. NC law is vague about what constitutes a pocket knife. I have a Ruger SR9c. It's small and 9mm is a common round. It's relatively easy to find, but due to the ammo shortage, I'd say guns would not be ideal when **** hits the fan. I have a workshop with lots of tools and I've seen enough episodes of the A-Team to know if I can get 3 friends, we can build a tank inside of 5 minutes (that's how it works, right?). My car is a Toyota Corolla, so it sips gas. I have the S model so it can be zippy. My friend is a mechanic and lives in the country. He's got a few guns. Lots of knives, lots of tools. His house is brick, so it'd make a great fortress.

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I completly disagree about this. Well made spears can penetrate even through armor. The guys of Zombie go boom are very unexperienced, and very skinny too. It can make most weapons unneffective.
    A good aligned strike near the nose and eyes can penetrate easily through the bone. On the lateral side of the head too.
    Spears are good because you can keep the distance from the enemy.

7. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Good point. Ehhh Charles has muscle. And I said conventional spears. (More common ones) It takes a heavier bigger one for skull penetration, and an eye/nose shot can't be garunteed every time which is my beef with some spears. (boar spears may work) Zombie fighting needs consistency. Particularly if there are a lot. - Is not an expert and does not claim to be sorry if I sound like I think I am an expert. I am not an expert and I don't claim to be.

8. Brazilviking

Charles is skinny. this makes some muscles look big. We can't see half of Joerg's muscles...but can anyone doubt that he is very strong? Charles wouldn't las 1 minute on the octagon with me.
    Anyway, their show has some value. If a weapon works for those clumsy ex-teenagers, it can work with anyone!:D
    I really like those guys. But they are no real fighters.

My weapon of choice would be a police tonfa and a crowbar.

9. Brazilviking

And quit the "Is not an expert and does not claim to be sorry if I sound like I think I am an expert. I am not an expert and I don't claim to be.....blablabla" ok? we are on a truce.:D

10. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

:eek:Sorry I don't want anybody to be mad.

11. Brazilviking

If you keep asking for sorry, I'm going to be mad!

12. moxieboy

moxieboy New Member

I think a ss would be ideal as a mid ranges weapon it's quiet it's powerful and it could cave in a skull no worries. Another option is a recurve or compound bow again they are silent, accurate, the ammo is reusable and can easily penetrate flesh and bone. I think the bow is great because after some research of exotic arrowheads and different broad heads I came across a broad head that is small and is almost Identical to the arrow joerg made. Here's a link to one place where they can be purchased.
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=231052772864
    These arrows are very practical and work on the same system as joergs except spring loaded
    There is also the option of the magnum arrowhead which has the silence of an arrow but once it meets it's target it has the power of a gun
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=331018244799
    This has the power to take down a wild boar
    The spear would be a good option too as mention before it gives a bit of range it can be thrown and it is easily made
    For close range a machete is practical but a little heavy you could go with a katana although it is rather expensive
    If anyone has any cons about these weapons or pros to others they would be great to hear as I am no professional and I would be delighted to hear from others

13. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I hate to say it, but I personally don't care for the Zombie go boom videos. They tend to be a bit irritating. Maybe because I'm older? I don't know, I certainly wouldn't take advice from them personally. *shrugs*

14. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

"For close range a machete is practical but a little heavy you could go with a Katana although it is rather expensive" A Machete is very lightweight. Then you suggest a Katana? ... As a solution to the "heavy but practical" Machete? Sorry but wow. :confused:

15. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

My weapon preparations for a zombie apocalypse (or any other major SHTF scenario):-

Many slingshots with heavy bands or tubes shooting 16mm lead and heavier, and the steel 'lobotomiser rounds'

Many slingbows , especially the really heavy duty ones shooting my 'quarter-pounder' arrows tipped with 4" of steel spike

spear gun

(and a number of items it would be imprudent to mention here!)

When it's 'up front and personal' time then my favourite combo is cutlass in right hand and Bowie in left. I used to fence with sabres at Uni so the cutlass feels perfect for me

16. moxieboy

moxieboy New Member

I thought a machete would be a little too heavy because of the fact that if you miss you have to try to pull back
    I actually think you're right though I was just looking at it from a combat point of view but a machete would make a good survival tool though

17. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

We've given the spear issue some thought. Phase one of our strategy for zombie apocalypse (or any other SHTF meltdown) is to defend our first floor apartment through phase one (phase 2 being escape to the mountains nearby)

The most likely scenario would be an attack up the staircase (we have the whole of the first floor of this large old stone building). If the two of us have to deal with a mob approaching up the stairs then we can try tear gas and chemical sprays first but the next step will be preloaded weapons like crossbows and speargun. The aim is to keep them beyond hand to hand distance and if there is not time to load SSs and slingbows then spears would come into their own on the wide staircase.
    My initial objection was that I don't like weapons that could be pulled out of my hands or picked up and used against me but I am speculating about spears with easily detachable heads that would be left behind after a stab. Like the concept of the Roman spear that would bend after use and be no good to the enemy. Throwing stars (with which we are practising) have a similar advantage. They are of little use to those without the requisite skill.
    I'm also looking to make a couple of emergency spear heads to add to the bugout bag. If we have to take to the mountains the slingbows will take a boar with ease but i would like the safety of a boar spear when approaching the kill !!!

18. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Actually the machete is a great fighting weapon :) check this guy out !

[ame]http://youtu.be/pVVW3NCWLfc[/ame]

19. moxieboy

moxieboy New Member

since i am new to slingshots may i ask what a "lobotomiser round"