Whats better rubber or tubes?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by natgpower, Sep 5, 2013.

1. natgpower

natgpower Junior Member

I was looking at a few slingshots that interest me and I noticed some use the rubber (most common) but then I also saw some tube ones. I just want to know what is better and for what reasons. I am new to slingshots and is hoping to buy one!

2. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Flat bands are higher performance and shoot faster, but tubes last longer, and are probably better for a beginner.

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

yes, probably better to begin with tubes. I suspect that you'll soon be trying all sorts when the bug has bitten!

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Speaker from a beginner's perspective, tubes aren't bad, but once you get a chance to try some flat bands like TheraBand Gold (everyone refers to as TBG in the forum), which I just recently began to work with - wow, what a difference. I'm having a hard time shooting my tubes with TBG in the house. I love the feel of the flat bands.

5. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

The nice thing about flat rubber is the ability to custom cut it to match both your preferred draw length and your ammo weight.

I'm not sure how to figure this out with tubes,
    Joerg's calculator program for TBG has me spoiled rotten:p

6. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Tubes are a bit more forgiving. TBG flatbands pull so nicely, though.