What you got today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tivo532, Jan 14, 2014.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Cramp, leg cramp, back cramp. Im far too tall to spend nine hours driving cross country in a Mondeo! All to pick up a new Redtail Hawk for a client. Beautiful bird though, Ill try and get some pictures later this week.
    Ill also have a look at new posts tomorrow, I need my slingshot fix! :)

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I got sent home from work 3 hours early because of a safety violation, haha! Oh damn, that just breaks my heart on a Friday! Sounds like beer time for me!:D

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Safety violation? You sure you didn't start 'beer time' a little too early :rolleyes:

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

I got a pancake breakfast and great weather, there ain't no better way to start a saturday :D blue skies, just a tiny bit of wind, the smell of pancakes... :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I got a 30*50cm piece of 1/2in multiplex for 3€.

6. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I got a waffle breakfast made with the sweet Farberware waffle iron I bought from Walmart yesterday for $25.00.

Works great, got the belly full real quick too.

I also got something from a dollar store that i can't share just yet, since it going to be a "contender" in Withak's contest.

I didn't get a chance to try the remaining little fork from the potato masher, but there's always tomorrow.

7. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

I got some awesome ammo and large piece of transparent armor. The ammo is 12 of the small 0.6875" steel balls, 12 of the large .875" steel balls, 2 of the 1" high density ceramic balls and 1 1.3125" medium density ceramic ball.
    [​IMG]
    The armor is the stuff that is pressed between the glass when making bullet proof glass. It's the stuff that catches the bullets, it is very light and pretty tough. it should make some interesting SS projects. The piece is 42" long 10" tall and 1.75" thick.
    [​IMG]

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I got a laugh and a beautiful smile outlet my perfect baby girl.

9. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

It looks like it is poly-carbonate If it is then it should be very flexible when something hard hits it, it is used in safety glasses also. But acrylic is also used in bullet proof glass. Fun fact about acrylic you can polish it easily with a torch. Just wave the torch on the Acrylic a few swipes and it gives a really nice gloss. Very "Shinny"

10. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Nothing exciting but the missus went out shopping and came back with an official VW t shirt. Bless her, she does know me well :)

[​IMG]

11. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

A friend gave me a leather welders apron tonight. Should get many many pouches out of it. :)

12. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

A headache the moment I woke up. Sigh.

13. dolomite

dolomite Banned

My favorite team got Steve Smith! Ca Caw!

14. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I got demoted! I'm happier now. :)

15. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Got a Kukri I ordered ages ago. Its been delayed for loads of reasons including the annoying and pointless VCR act. Ah well, its here now. Not the most expensive but great weight to it and really comfy.

[​IMG]

16. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

That looks like a great buy, i think, not so much of a knife enthousiast :p i do like the kukri shape and style, especially with a modern handle like this :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

17. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I used to be terrible for buying cheap unsuitable knives so I'm trying to get one or two decent tools that I can actually use and will last. That's why I put the axe thread up the other day. My old machete is coming to the end of its life and this is a really nice replacement :) I'll admit, it was seeing Joergs kukri thread that decided me on this blade shape :eek:

18. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I like the shape of that one, kinda halfway between a Kukri and a Machete it should give you the best of both worlds.
    Nice grab Scoobs

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I got inFamous Second Son for my PlayStation 4 at midnight.

20. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Dude, now I'm jealous.