What you got today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tivo532, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Wow, you've got a good client there then. Most of my clients from my service tech days just tried to feed me :rolleyes:

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

This is interesting... I just looked in my SS cabinet and found that someone put about a yard of Theraband Red in there. I have no idea where it came from.

-Wild Bill

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Wow what line of work are you in? I want to be a guy-who-gets-power-tools-from-clients when I grow up;)
    How do you like those combo belt/disc sanders? I'm looking into getting one myself (a much more modest harbor freight model) and was wondering how much people like them.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I have a 350 watt belt disc combo, its not going to win any awards but for what I use it for its fine.
    I'd spend a bit more money next time and get a 500 watt so I'm less likely to stall the motor.
    some of them have weird sized belts that are hard to find replacements for (at least hard to find replacements for where I am).

the disk sander on them is very rarely square, so don't expect perfection unless you pay through the nose for it. and the cheaper ones have an alloy disk plate and self adhesive velcro disk that will become airborne when you need it most.

5. Haze

Haze New Member

I am a lawyer, although I don't think that has a lot of connection with my luck here. The client is a just a really nice guy.

The other thing about the new sander - I opened it last night. It is actually new and unused. All the plastic still on.

6. Haze

Haze New Member

I have the alloy plate and velcro for both sanders. I will watch out for 80 grit flying saucers.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Dolomite, it is a good thing she was not asking you "does this dress make me look fat" that could not have turned out well :D you would think that if people ask you what you think, they want to know what you think, but I guess they had rather you lie to them:D I needed a good laugh today. Your the best ;) no lie:)

8. nijam

nijam tiro loco

herpes that is what i got today (Type1 nothing serious)

9. Haze

Haze New Member

Ummm.... get well soon?

10. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

"Dolomite, it is a good thing she was not asking you "does this dress make me look fat" that could not have turned out well."

Possible answer:

"Not at all, its all the cakes and pies you eat."

11. dolomite

dolomite Banned

She's hot as hell, I just don't like short hair. Guess it's easier when interacting with the baby. Maybe the Ellen Degeneres comment was a little too far.

12. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Dude! If you made a comparison to Ellen and lived you are a lucky, lucky man!

13. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Man, I got sulked at for two days for telling my missus she looked like Danielle Lloyd.

Ellen Degeneres.......that is extrememly brave of you!

14. coyote-1

coyote-1 Member

[​IMG]

15. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Today I have a broken kettle, this is VERY serious. I almost had to go without a coffee earlier. Thank all the deities I had some fresh coffee left for the percolator.

16. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Holy crap, that gave me anxiety just thinking about that:eek:
    This is why I have a backup stovetop kettle, and a hiking stove in case the powers out.

17. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That really is a scary prospect. Zombie apocalypse - okay. Hollywood and all the stars/starlets fall into the ocean - I'm cool with that. No coffee - that's bad news.

18. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I got a cheap but workable belt sander yesterday and two files to make into knives

19. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

My new camera arrived today!!!!
    Got myself a Nikon D3200 so I can finally stop relying on my iPhone 5.
    Now I need a good camera bag and some more lenses:)

20. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Nice one! 24.2MP.