What you got today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tivo532, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Here's a look at my Snader76 swap box. I got some NICE, BIG, THICK, aluminum plates and a large scrap of micarta that I think was left from his great Mini PFS. I'm thinking I now have what I need for my first board cut, a version of BV's Mamangava.

Attached Files:

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I did get something in the move that is way kewl. I arranged for Momma to stay at a friends house Saturday night so that Toni and I could pack up the rest of her place in peace. (Momma is 81 and, being a Depression kid, obsesses over everything). When I picked her up Sunday, Edith, in who's home she stayed, invited us in for a bit. Edith is from Hungary, and is, like Momma, a widow. She showed us her basement, and the tool pegboard from her late husband was still down there. A leather punch was in it's place- a 1950's vintage punch but in perfect condition. She saw me eying it and then took it down and would not let me leave without it. So I now have a leather punch to make my pouches with! Huzzah! And thanks again, Edith.

-Wild Bill

3. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Today I received 2lbs of Death wish Coffee from New York.

I dare say I wont be sleeping for a month or so.

4. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

I just got about 100 pounds of clean never used lead wheel weights.

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I got ~180lb applewood, cherrywood and some kind of thuja log:D
    My parents had a pine and a thuja cut down and did some cutting to the apple and cherry tree.

6. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

I got prob the best deal on rubber I will ever get, 5 lengths of blue rubber which I'd super good by the way for 50 euro cents a lenght, that's 2.50 euros total !!!

Ps, there 4 and a bit foot long, I've tested it and it is very very good :)

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392848680.818582.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392848739.382796.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1392848777.009973.jpg

Joat

7. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

I stopped by my local habitat for humanity restore today and picked up 2 pieces of multiplex each about 22 inches by 20 inches for 2 dollars. Some good quality stuff even with a couple corners roughed up pretty good. :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  8. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

9. Cwren10222

Cwren10222 Member

Yeah I do a lot of my shopping at the restore. Haven't found multiplex lately but for my PVC stuff... U get the idea lol. Now on topic lol only thing I've managed to get lately is a migraine lol, however tomorrow I get a new hand saw as my other one broke on me and is actually cheaper just to buy new saw than blades for it lol

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I got yelled at by my wife...Again! She asked what I thought about her new haircut, my simple ass answered honestly, big mistake.

11. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

15 beech forks...
    I will need some time to turn them all:)

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Oh hell man...if you need a couch to sleep on, I'll give you directions to my house!

13. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Thanks bro! She's a bit calmer now, maybe too calm;).

14. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

as long as its not the calm before the storm your safe(ish)

15. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

...Be afraid...

-Wild Bill

16. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

The boys at the Hummer shop hooked me up with some more lead wheel weights.
    [​IMG]
    Two tubs of 3oz a tub of 5.5oz and a big tub full of 6oz

17. Haze

Haze New Member

I got some more veneer and a sanding machine from a client.

Attached Files:

18. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

:eek:you lucky [email protected]%$*rd, that sander has been discontinued for ages! I've been trying to find a sander like that for months it seems they've gone the way of the Dodo here in Aus

19. Haze

Haze New Member

You know what? Its the second machine I've got from him! He gave me a Ryobi Scroll saw a few months ago. I already have a 370 watt disc and belt sander. I'm going to leave the 80 Grit on that one and set this one up with fine grit so I can go from one to the other to cut my sanding time down.

The machines are sort of on permanent loan, but he is a master cabinet maker and just works so much bigger than me that I doubt he will want them back.

20. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

They always act mad, but she'd be a lot more mad if you had let her go out of the house like that. :)

My wife always asks me what I think of a meal she cooked. She's been mad at me many times for answering honestly, but she has also become a fantastic cook over the years.