what to do? looking for ideas/blueprints

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by slawek, Aug 1, 2013.

1. slawek

slawek New Member

Hi.
    Till now i was making my slingshots from plywood and natural, have 1 made out of "scraps" but now i want try something like "lvl UP" and make something more challenging IMO and thats the reason i bought this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its a aluminum plate12x15x7mm and 2 pieces of plywood 15x20x12mm

and i have no idea what to do with this :p i mean i know i want a slingshot but really cant find any "interesting" blueprints. Would like to make something look really good, and also be quite powerful and fit to this aluminum plate dimensions well :p

Now i also have a dremel to use so this might be a more "challenging" for me to do as for now i used mostly common tools to make my slingshot.

Any help would be appreciate :)

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

3. artons

artons New Member

it's a pity using such a big piece of aluminum with only some plywood, why don't you add some exotic wood?

4. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

5. slawek

slawek New Member

its simple iam from Poland and i dont have any exotic wood here :/

6. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Anything you make from those materials will be nigh indestructable. You'll need a thick fork to make use of all 3 sheets on 1 fork. I love aluminum cores on wood forks, can't wait to see what you make of it.

7. slawek

slawek New Member

for now i have 2 projects in my head :) and its Hrawk "Dragon" and Bill Hayes "Pocket Predator" but mine will not be "pocket" i have big hands i need big weapons :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cant decide :p iam tempted to make this "predator" looks really nice but i never shoot from slingshot like this. Maybe i should use 2x9mm plywood not 2x12mm ?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is a great piece of aluminum! I wish I had this!
    Either design is perfect and will look great. Is there really no native woods in Poland that would go well here? Even a cedar board would look beautiful laminated to that core.

9. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

Hello Slawek,
    The mass from the aluminium and the wood is to small tu build all what you want to build. Or do you combinate centimeters and milimeters?

10. slawek

slawek New Member

this cost me ~2 usd i bought it on scrapyard next to my work :) this was a piece like ten times bigger than this piece nice and solid, didint have money to buy it :(

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^
    Excellent purchase of $2!

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I totally agree!!

13. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Try first only on the plywood! If you like, go to aluminum!

14. AMaarten

AMaarten New Member

keep the leftovers, you could make some very nice ammunition out of it (heavy, easy to shoot, perhaps pointed for easy target practice) ;)

15. Jim

Jim Junior Member

Hi. This aluminium would go nice together with some masur birch-wood, I dont know if thats the right translation in english but it's latin name is Betula Pendula. It has a fine pattern and a gold tone finish and I'm sure you can find it in Poland. You have a fine piece of aluminium there, so why dont you just sketch up your own slingshot. Looking forward to see this one:)

Jim