what should i use?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by IrishRepublicanArcher, Nov 15, 2013.

1. IrishRepublicanArcher

IrishRepublicanArcher New Member

I was wondering what rubber bands you would suggest I should use for making a slingshot

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  2. Haze

Haze New Member

Hmmm...... I shouldn't judge too quickly but are you a reincarnation of a banned person?

3. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

i would suggest something cheap and accessible that you can pull , thera band is always good, they have different strengths , black is a nice balance of both words, easy pull and good strength . gold is quite powerful... it all depends on what you shoot also. marble? steel? lead?

you can hit up a physio fitness place in your area and see what they have, usually they will sell in small increments so you can test out different strengths. or ebay works to

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

You should start with tubes, rubber surgical tubes. Lasts longer and is good for learning.

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I agree on starting with tubes. Then as your skill and knowledge grows try switching to bands.

I think tubes also last longer.

6. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I prefer theraband gold, black, and blue

7. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Thera tube green is good too for beginners

8. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  9. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

If you go onto Ebay and search Theraband, there's a guy called lbchiroandmed that sells 5 foot lengths of Theraband gold for $7.20 which includes shipping. I bought from him and got it within a week.

-Wild Bill