What makes a slingshot very precise?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Maulwurfsurfer, May 23, 2013.

1. Maulwurfsurfer

Maulwurfsurfer Junior Member

Hey,
    you can read alot about the Band, cot them in layers or fold them. narrow forks or low ones etc. ...
    But this is mostly just for speed or power and less stress on the wrist.

So now i would love to know what is best for target shooting?
    speed? low forks? big handle? heavy or light ammo? :confused:

Please let me know what your experience is!?
    THANKS ALOT

2. RedTheGrimm

RedTheGrimm Member

I am new here, but I think that the one thing that makes a SS precise is who's drawing the bands :) and how comfortable one feels handling their SS. Setup seems to be a personal thing....so try lots of different things and dial in what works best for you.

Last edited: May 23, 2013

3. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Spot on!

4. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Lighter ammo will fly straight over a longer distance than heavy, symetric rubber and a good marksman :) are more important.

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Lighter ammo is more prone to windage, though, and it is much easier to see heavier bullets in flight.

But it is true, the shooter is the element of precision. You can see that really well in this (older) video of mine:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfFAjaymQM0[/ame]

The release mechanism was by no means perfect, yet you can see how straight the bullets fly.

6. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

the shooter !
    Cheers
    Arturo

7. stej

stej New Member

I'm not very precise, but working on it :) Anyway I can tell you that you have to ensure that everything is perfect and equal on both sides - same width and length of band, symmetric pouch etc. Besides that consistency (posture, position of your hands, how you hold the ammo in a pouch) is a key as some masters can confirm.. That's probably the most important thing.

8. Maulwurfsurfer

Maulwurfsurfer Junior Member

Alright i just thought of making a slingshot specially for target shooting. But if there is no "right" way for that purpose i just keep on crafting an practicing :)

Still thanks for your help.
    If anybody can tell me more... feel free

9. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

you got it ... PRACTICE PRACTICE and more PRACTICE, you will find out what is best for you ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

10. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Yes, I was just about to say that! What makes a slingshot accurate is PRACTICE [​IMG]

(and as Stej said, consitency. Consistency and practice. The former is the easy part tough, haha!)