What is your favorite knife?

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by rock slinger, Aug 29, 2013.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

My favorite knife is the cold steel mini hunter, what about yours?oh and my CRKT minimalist I call it the cricket with my favorite slingshot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

Old style cold steel voyger 4" hands down. I abused that knife to the breaking point. And beyond.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

2 1/2 inch kabar tdi, I've cut everything you could think of with it. never leave home without it. IMGP0116.jpg also, its still on the factory edge after three years of abuse, edge is still black.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Benchmade Mini Griptilian - my EDC blade.

5. dualkim

dualkim New Member

My Kershaw Blur is my edc knife. The blade holds its edge very well

6. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

No question my Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri... It's one beast of a knife! P.S. The orange thing is a mangled up blanket I use as a dust cover for some of my knives etc. and you can see a pretty cool gas station tin poster sign that has all sorts of brands on it. I love it.

Attached Files:

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

does the security blanket ease the knives fear of the dark?:confused:

8. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

my favourite is by far the Brusletto-kniven. no nonsense, sharpens up good and stays sharp. only thing i don't like is the fact the handle, birch wood, is a bit soft so it got scratched badly

9. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

No doubt; My Victorinox "Handyman"¨

I got it from my father many years ago... Nowadays I always keep it in my pocket. Couldn't manage without it! :D (Better pic coming soon)

Attached Files:

10. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Here are just a few of my knives; there are alot more.

Regular carry is my Cold Steel Vaquero (4th one down large photo) for the serrated edge to go through about anything; my half serrated, half straight, old school, made in USA, Gerber Ezi Out(5th one down large photo);my C.R.K.T Model don't know, but over an inch wide, and 5 inches open, with a spring clip like for keys etc at the top; and my small Gerber "Bear" half n half.
    (the 2 on the left side of the large photo)

Between my knives and my slingshots, one could say i am carrying around an arsenal every day. but it is dam side better to have it and NOT need it, than to need it and NOT have it.

Cheers from Thailand Allan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  11. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

My favorite is CRKT ripple, it's in my pocket at all times.
    Holds edge ok and really slim and comfortable when clipped in the pocket.
    And opening action is sooo sweet (ball bearings).

Attached Files:

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's a good point - I forgot about my Victorinox blades - also very nice. I also have several Leatherman tools (they're made right here in my hometown, as are SOG, Gerber, Benchmade, Kershaw, CRKT and I believe a few others). In fact, I use a Leatherman tool exclusively when I'm doing the initial bark-stripping and shaping of my natural forks.

Here's an interesting article on knife makers in our area. It calls us the knife capital of the world (I don't know if everyone would necessarily agree with that). The article is a few years old, but still an interesting read:

http://www.katu.com/news/business/7361421.html

13. dolomite

dolomite Banned

fiaao, my second best is my Victorinox fibrox 6" santoku chef knife. with it I can break down a couple pork shoulder roasts and still make a fine cut on a tomato, that's a good blade.

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

snader that's a purty lil flipknife.

15. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Thanks man. I also like my victorinox, but its been long time since i used it.

16. dolomite

dolomite Banned

victorinox is to me one of the best buys you can get as long as you get the real ones, not the cheapseat Chinese ones. I actually use this more frequently than the tdi. it keeps its edge longer than forschner(sp.) I've had experience with at 1/4 the price.
    IMGP0119.jpg

17. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

amazing collection! What kind of crazy signature is that, man?

18. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

That depends. I host a modest collection of knives from exotic stone to plain as dirt pocket knives. ONE of my favorites is my pocket knife from frost cutlery: The wrangler. It's always in my pocket.(except for school!) I have used that thing to repair my ripped jeans, and also to prepare my meal. Great knife! Don't know if they make this version any more...

19. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

Attached Files:

20. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

I carried a victronox for many years. Nice knifs but they can be a pain to sharpen.