What is your favorite ammo?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Peteyspine, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Peteyspine

Peteyspine New Member

My favorite is 12mm lead.

Very cheap and devestating!

2. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

.50 Cal tireweight lead is my second favorite for exactly those reasons.

But my favorite is .750 inch cubes with sharp edges against sheetmetal targets.

My favorite indoor ammo are those cheap erasers for sticking on the end of a pencil. About every 3rd one whistles really weird as the hollow end tumbles around at high velocity. 20130323_205811.jpg

3. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

9 and 12 mm steelballs and 15 mm marbles.

4. Malleus

Malleus Suspended User

Glass marbles because they're cheap, but if I start hunting I'll probably use 12mm lead balls.

5. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

In Germany will lead as ammunition to the part prohibited poisoning due to the ground. Hunters may use less and less of it and balance weights there they lead no longer

6. Malleus

Malleus Suspended User

Bloody environmentalists! Soon we'll only be able to hunt with Tofu.

7. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

Don't shoot with my meal/food.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  8. Glass marbles are cheap, relatively easy to find and versatile; making them my favorite slingshot ammo.

9. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

glass marbles because they are very cheap

Enes

10. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Stones cause they r very cheap and heavy :D

J

11. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

Stones are me too dangerous because they dissolve properly not getting out of the pouch and are too sharp and irregular.
    I hurt me with stones shhoting in my hand.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  12. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I find round ones

J

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I shot mostly Big selfmade Arrows. 90 * 8 cm with selfmade Broadheads, or 8 mm Nails as Targetpoints.
    Sometimes Umarex Black Rubberballs, or Reeballs cal. 68 for Paintball marker.
    And I have also 8 mm Steelballs, and 4,5 mm BB´s. But I dont shoot much with them.

14. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I like 12 mm steel balls. It may not be cheap, specially in my country, but they are the best for shooting. Good balance of weight, hardness and size, giving good impact and some penetration. I use marbles, but they usually are a lot lighter than steel....it affects my acuracy.
    recently I've been making some tests...and loving the results with my babies here:

Attached Files:

15. Peteyspine

Peteyspine New Member

Those little cubes look great and edgy.
    Fill the thread with lead and you will have serious ammo.

Markus

16. roger59

roger59 Member

like most serious slingshooters, i use lead because i can cast my own, i use a variety of shot, but 3/4" oz or 12mm are good, but 1 oz or 3/4 inch are best, as they can stop a deer with a head shot using speargun or higher grade rubber like theraband gold in two layers.

having said that- and being an archer all my life, if i had all the time and money in the world pointed dart like sabot's or arrows are much better as they not only fly perfect, but penetrate much better than balls.

but even better still, word are the best and cheapest projectiles, having said all above, with some research and a lot of determination few words can do less than bring down even the most determined of people, and all it takes is one person to speak them.

so cop that cobbers and cousins! keep yer globby twiggy cabbages wide open fer some notable phrases and ye might be suprised!!!

17. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

SHHHHHHH!!!!! I've been thinking exactly the same....don't ruin the surprise!!!:)

18. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

My favourites are the 16mm leads and the 38 gramme ovals...but for economy I mainly shoot M10 hexnuts

19. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

everything that fits in a pouch! but i'm a bit awestricken of rts and forkhits from edgy ammo like some stones or cubes.

indoors i shoot rubberballs (recycled theraband), with a backpocket-picklefork i like shooting 10mm lead/12mm steel/16mm marbles and with wide forks (butterfly) everything that's heavier/bigger and special ammo.

also depends if i just wanna plink around, do target practise, what i want to destroy, ...

20. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

I find stones work best with lighter bands. They shoot great from the wire coathanger slingshot I built for my nieces and nephews. They tend to fork hit, even when I use larger rocks, when I fire them from tube or theraband mounted forks.

I like glass marbles for the cheapness and lead for the clobberin time/hulk smash. I am still working on technique, but am afraid of ammo much bigger than 1/2" to 5/8" and unimpressed by smaller stuff. Steel ricochets are nasty, but it does pack a good wallop and makes neat holes, like wadcutters from a handgun. I find the irregular shapes make great impacts, but lack the penetration of spheres, and are prone to fork hits. Really got to figure out what's wrong with my release so I can mess around with lead nuts, cubes, and other nasties. Hoping I'll get a lot of slingy time up north this fall so I can git 'er done.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013