what is better? slingshots or guns?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Lars, Oct 19, 2013.

1. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

They are both good it all depends on what you are going to use them for. I would choose a compound bow over a gun and slingshot.

2. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I got to join in with this shotgun talk. A 870 and Mossberg 500 are both good shotguns, but I would choose the 870 over the 500 because I have one.

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

There may be some bias in the opinions from this forum

4. I agree, the BEST weapon is the one you never have to use...

5. smurfer

smurfer New Member

yes and bb guns need gas

6. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Well I can say both shotguns are very good guns. The U.S. Army used a version of the Mossberg 500, the 590 which was Parkerized and had a bayonnette lug.

Most American police units use the 870 so it has a good reputation too.
    I prefer the 500 myself.

As for Browning's Hi-power, it is truly a fine pistol and the most accurate handgun I have ever used. When combined with a handful of loaded 30 round magazines, you better believe it can serve it's purpose.

As for Lars original question, the deciding vote would go directly to noise factor. A firearm can only be quiet if they have a silencer attached.

Now a silenced Hi-power with an ammo can full of 30 round mags, now that would be hard to top with a slingshot.;)

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

E, I must've missed your post about the mossy 500and mag extensions. I swapped out my 28'' duck barrel and mag for a kit I got from Brownell's. 20'' cylinder bore with 8+1mag and rifle sights. Best of all worlds, trap,skeet, longer shots with slugs, and I topped it off with a 6 position AR style pistol gripped stock and Hogue rubber over molded fore end. And I've still got less into it than a box stock 870.

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Smores. Fire-toasted marshmallows stuck between chocolate bars held together by graham crackers are the answer to the question, "What is better- slingshots or guns?" If you do not understand this answer, then you obviously have not had a proper smore lately. Fix that problem and then come back to this thread.

-Wild Bill

9. coconut42117

coconut42117 Junior Member

Three words my friend. Rubber based weapons! As we learn from Joerg's zombie movie, which I am soooooo pumped for, rubber trumps all!;)

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

11. Hrawk

Hrawk Hedonistic Decedance

For me slingshots are a toy and a fun pastime. Guns / rifles are a tool.

Both have their place in my life and I can't decide on a favourite.

I'll just leave this here:

http://youtu.be/-TC2xTCb_GU

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Dude, that vid was bad as hell!

13. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I can't believe people are asking which is better, slingshots or guns. The answer is obvious......

Knives

;)

14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I've seen that Brownell's conversion kit, but I don't know anyone that's had one, until now. I guess that's going to have to go on my list too :p But you really do trap with a 20" barrel? Seems awfully short for that. I use my 28" for trap myself.

15. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Only did it once and as we all kinda sucked at it and I did better, I considered it sufficient. It's a really solid unit, I have tapco stocks on my sks, and mini 14, and the 500 handles like both of them now.

16. weaponuniversX

weaponuniversX New Member

in my opinion guns are better but slingshots are more like a sport. Pls like I really wonna win the moorhammer

17. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I've also got a Tapco on my SKS, it's a nice mod to the original stock. I'm still sticking with the factory stock on the 500 for now.

18. dolomite

dolomite Banned

If you upgrade, get a Knox, it's the best shotty stock on the market. BTW, is yore sks the carbine or the grenade launcher model? I have a zastava factory carbine, they're identical to the original Soviet sks. They transplanted a whole factory to Yugoslavia and used the same tooling and all.

19. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I wish I had a Soviet model, no, mine is one of the Chinese models with the spike bayonet. I bought it off a buddy in the apprenticeship program when he needed some cash. Maybe I'll be able to add a Russian model someday. For now, it's still one of my favorites :)

I'll check out the Knox. I've looked at them before, just not closely. I kind of like the Magpul versions too.

20. thekid12

thekid12 New Member

Slingshots give you the great feeling of shooting a deadly weapon that you made yourself! a gun is great, but a slingshot is personal and something you can take pride in.