what did you do TODAY?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Lars, May 1, 2013.

1. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

here you can post, what you did today
    please let this thread be alive :)

2. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

i made a mead horn holder today

Bild1745.jpg

Bild1746.jpg

Bild1747.jpg

Bild1748.jpg

3. Why didn't you make the Form of the stand for the Met Horn not as a Slingshot?
    A tree fork as stand!

Joe

I was in the Forest and shoot with my new Howitzer aluminium.
    It is nice to shoot with them.

4. orgazmosis

orgazmosis Junior Member

its cool :cool: has that industrial look natural would be cool :cool: too ;)

5. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Lars: Nice idea (both with this thread and with the horn-holder. Mind if I make one?

I marched with Mora Musicband, I played the snare drum. My dad was ill and couldnt join us (he usually plays the tuba). Then we rehersed for our upcoming Estonia-trip next weekend.

6. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

But what else would I do today!!! Carve another slingshot :D

7. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

made some charcloth and tried making fire with flint & steel. no success, so i burned it with sun & magnifying glass.

searched through my target foam with a metal detector to retrieve a couple of field tips and lead balls.

plinked 'round with a no fork slingbow. after a few shots i found it not comfortable that the rubber was cutting off blood cirkulation around my ring finger and middle finger knuckles so i will make some kind of knuckleduster frame in near future.

8. FIAAO

What else to do when Lars is such an awesome inspiration-source!

Finished a minute ago, took about five minutes to make. Sorry for bad webcam-pics!

Attached Files:

9. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

btw, nice horn stands lars and fiaao! :D

10. FIAAO

Thanks Max! :)

11. mojo

mojo New Member

I tried the first time full butterfly and get my first fork hit ... and fixed the first time a shooter ... :eek:
    But i must mention the shooting was cool, not akkurat but impressiv fast :D

12. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

this
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQL4AfUu-3U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQL4AfUu-3U[/ame]
    Cheers

13. bushcraft kid

bushcraft kid New Member

Finished sanding a board cut out of okume marine plywood and made a bunch of pouches, I will post pics of the slingshot once i band it up.
    Also all of these horns, have you guys ever seen the slingshot made from a bull horn? i think it was on the "slingshots of the world" web site.

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I tested my new safety wall behind my catchbox. 180cm x 180cm, solid oak (40mm boards). It is set in concrete.

I like it! Fired about 500 hex nuts today from the pump gun (that is so much fun), now my arms and shoulders are hurting... but I enjoyed it. The thing is so quick.

I also shot probably 200 rounds with normal slingshots. Will go to Paris in three weeks, on invitation of France5 (a TV channel). Don't want to embarass myself there, so I need the practice after the looong winter.

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Gave a guy at work his first custom Shooter and some spare bands.

16. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

thanks
    and nice stand too fiaao

17. BrPio

BrPio .

(great thread idea) Today, I some what had some time off. Just had to corrall some widcats (didn't get too beat up, haha). Than sat in our warm New Mexico sun with a cold drink.

18. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

I made, 3 more Naturals, witch will maybe be on the sale section soon :)

19. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Nice horn stands, i got dragged over the beach by a massive kite because it was waaaay to windy lol

edit, that was yesterday acctually but today i haven't done anything but chatting with my gf and laying in bed so that's kinda lame

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  20. FIAAO

Thanks Lars and Onnod.

I made a crossbow today. Just a weak one as the legal power limit for crossbows are 10j in Sweden. Stupid Swedes setting low limits...

I have to make the arrow-clasp, the stirrup and of course some arrows before I post any pics :) The crossbow is loosly based on the classical "Lillöhus"-crossbow:

[​IMG]