What a privilege...

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JoergS, Dec 17, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

...not having to go to the office anymore.

Beautiful mild day today in Germany, very exceptional one week before Xmas.

Grabbed a black Rambone, threw on a "nitro" band set (.040 gauge double natural latex) and fired 160 20mm steel balls into my catch box.

Just so.

A year ago, I left for the office in the dark and came back in the dark. This is over. After 25 years.

Life is good.

2. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

Wow, Joerg!
    You're living a dream!
    I have just begun studying and working for a company, which means childhood is over now and many dark days to come :D

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Congratulations!

For having done the right thing!

IMHO! - Leaving the shade and daring to
    face one´s appointment is a big and
    courageous step only few dare to take.

I personally ow you respect for that,
    you reminded me of the obligation to
    use my talents- Just like everybody
    should!

Thank you again for that!

Be

4. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

It's a beautiful thing.

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Money is nice, but there are many ways to make it!

Glad to see you are happy with the choices you made! Congrats!

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Living the dream.

7. Otees

Otees Another Member

I know I am a kid so I probably don't have much experience in a work environment. But I am happy for you Joerg :)

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

It is a real privilege to have the opportunity to turn what you love into what you do. Not many people get that chance and I'm excited for those who do. I also leave in the dark and get home close to dark at times, but I do enjoy my job, which makes it more bearable. I wish you many years of success doing what you love Joerg.

9. Courier

Courier Senior Member

You worked as a CEO and that for years.. I mean it was no cakewalk to have so much responsibility, was it?

In my honest opinion you can be very proud of what you have achieved until today.

So now after the strenuous times it is time to relax, enjoy the life and invest more time in our beloved hobby. :)

10. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Go relax. Well many people would not thick of relaxing as shooting 20 mm steel out to slingshot with double bands. That is like working out for me. Hahaha. Well anyways it reminds me that I need to study for my exams. Maybe one day is will be a CEO as well? I can dream can't I?

11. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

That rocks. You will never know how many people you inspire with your example.

12. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Joerg I bet if you had started to sell slingshots commercially earlier you'd probably never have had to go to an office job:D
    I'm happy for you, for right now I'm living the dream too (sort of I've got about 4 hours of school everyday but other than that...)

13. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

Freedom requires A lot of adjustment, you my find yourself smacking the little rat on the table next bed as it squeaks for no reason, think it should be the next target, :)