Weird brazilian shooting style

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Brazilviking, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I've learned slingshot shooting for the first time with my father. He is an athlete, plays tennis in a half-professional level and aways had a harmonic olimpic style gestures for anything, from throwing a stone to using a hammer or a saw. And he has this elegant posture like Joerg and most of shooters here.
    But recently I've watched some brazilian traditional slingshotshooting videos and I thought that this is a pretty weird shooting style. And is the most common way around here!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIGXDcRB7Wc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIGXDcRB7Wc[/ame]

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

weird indeed! I could never hit anything like that. maybe I could hit the ocean if I was flying over in chopper.

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

whats weird? He just doesnt draw the tubes out..coz he doesnt need to. What am I missing?

4. Brazilviking

I think he is all contracted, no posture.... maybe it is the short bands...very popular here.

5. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I saw his video on FB, he shoots very big balls (I don't know how much weights), it's a low speed with a big curve path shoot and he actively FLIPS !!! :eek: very strange style ! ... weird but ACCURATE :confused:
    Cheers

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Yeah, strange posture/form... Hard to see on my phone screen, but is that maybe a clay ball for ammo?

7. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Actually the style is very similar to that which was used in rural Arkansas (pronounced arkinsaw) when I was a kid. In fact, that style was called, "shooting a flipgun". I guess shooting slow bands with shoe tongue pouches and rocks makes a universal style. I'll stick with the Race Guns we have now.

8. Brazilviking

He said it is abot 17 grams, my friend!
    It is clay...he organizes championships and uses steel plates, 4cm x 10cm as target. They don't usemarbles and steel becase of the risk of a ricochet.
    Indeed, a very rural style here. Most people who shoot slings here think I'm "too elegant" on my shooting posture (that is very similar to my slingshot teacher, Mr. Arturo!):D