Weaponising bikes

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by flimflam_machine, May 16, 2013.

1. flimflam_machine

flimflam_machine New Member

I recently made my first slingshot after being inspired (and endlessly entertained) by Joerg's YouTube videos. I had an old bike with bent forks and it occurred to me that they were about the right shape. So, here you go...

IMAG1440.jpg

I cut the forks down to the right length and smoothed off any sharp edges where you hold it. The wrapping on the handle is standard handlebar tape that I had spare with white electrical tape at each end to keep it on. The black things at the top of the fork arms are P/pipe clips which I put on to stop the bands slipping off the top of the forks, but I don't think they're necessary and I might cut the arms down further. Originally it was banded with bike innertubes with a pouch made from a tyre (I was going for entirely bike), but they were way too slow so I switched to double theraband green with a leather pouch.

It's good for shooting hammer grip or finger-and-thumb style. It seems to be fairly accurate, although I'm just using stones so they are a bit wayward. I'm wondering about turning the handle into a magazine for 20mm steel balls with a sprung stop to keep them in, but there are too many windows where I use it so I think I'll stick to lighter stuff right now.

2. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

cool seems resistant and powerful, probably a little heavy

3. flimflam_machine

flimflam_machine New Member

About 400g, so pretty heavy. Definitely not one for hunting (because of the chrome too), but I just use it for garden plinking.

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

cool, every time i look at a bike i think of this, and finally someone made one :)

5. But when you want to drive your bycicle what would you do?

Joe
    ;)

Why dont you circle your bike to the top?
    You could take the big fork and drive your cycle when you return the wheel!

Nice slingshot!