Want to see what I do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AngelicScars, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I just created a fan page for all the items that my husband and I make. As of now, I only have my items up. I don't make slingshots (yet), but I'm pretty crafty otherwise. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/TeamRamrodArtistry

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Nice now to the Facebook acount ..... :p

J

3. AngelicScars

Hey at least you don't need an account to see everything. :p

4. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

Have you tried Etsy? I keep thinking I need to do something there. I can't stand FB but I did have a look. Nice crochet work.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Very nice work, Jen. We'll look forward to seeing your husband's work there as well. I think you should join the Christmas trade, make your first slingshot and include a crocheted slingshot pouch/cozy for your creation. That would be a unique item that I'm certain no one else in the trade would be able to boast about. Think about it :)

6. AngelicScars

I'm no where near ready to make my first slingshot (we don't even have the tools yet) and I certainly wouldn't want to give someone my first one knowing it will not be great. LOL!

Most of my work is knitting NOT crochet. Crochet is ugly but works for toys.

I sell my items in the store I work in so no need for an etsy. She does take orders through FB but I think she is going to set up ebay/etsy for our store too. Not sure yet.

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

What better way to get started though. My first slingshot build was for the last trade we did. I just put the best effort into it that I could. I found a decent fork, used a simple rasp and file (not expensive tools to add to an arsenal - a place like Harbor Freight can be helpful if you're trying to keep costs down) some sandpaper and some finish material. In the end, because I had to make something to keep up with my commitment for the trade, I was initiated as a slingshot builder. My trade partner, who was far more experienced than me (Dolomite) was very gracious in receiving my first time slingshot. You can see it posted in the Global Trade MKII results thread. You've got to start somewhere, and I don't think anyone here would even think about looking down on a newbie's creation. :)

Sorry about the crochet vs knitting thing - you can tell I obviously don't know the difference. But I can still appreciate quality work.

8. AngelicScars

Thank you!
    I didn't realize that it can be that simple sometimes. :D

9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Yep. It seems daunting when you look at those beautiful board-cut laminates out there. It's hard to know where to start. When I expressed the same concern you did, the folks here very kindly encouraged me to join the trade and get started, regardless of my experience or what I could turn out. If I hadn't joined, I may have never started building. Give it a thought - you could even make it a joint project with your hubby if he's so inclined.

10. AngelicScars

I'm sure he would be. If I didn't have so many projects going on right now, I'd might take you up on that. I work in a shop that does consignment, so I work there AND I'm a vendor there. On top of that, my boss has commissioned me to make screen print shirts for the shop. Doing that by hand takes at least a day or two per shirt. I have 7 sitting in my house to print as of now. lol!

11. Mixerman

Mixerman New Member

My rasp/file set only cost $10 and you can also use it to sharpen knives. I already had a power saw but a hand saw works fine. Sandpaper is cheap, I use a rough and a fine for finishing. I've never paid for a piece of wood, naturals in the forest, flooring samples, and junk scraps. It's therapeutic and judging by your work, you'd be a natural. Not to mention the holsters and accessories you could make for your slingys. Jorg has a great video on how to make a natural, and there's plenty of other great how to videos on YouTube. I say go for it, I don't have lots of time either but you work on it 20 min here and there and eventually you got yourself a slingshot! Then of course you become addicted and start the process all over again :)

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Can you make a HIJACKERS t-shirt??

13. AngelicScars

If you mean by putting the picture you made on a shirt, no. That print is way too elaborate for my by hand screen printing. I wish I could though!