The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..

..while joking around with some knive-building-tests over the last days and trying to colorize blades in different ways, i put some natural wood into vinegar for fun, and it came out very nice.. a blue-grey tint which goes trough to the core and brings out the grain..

left it in vinegar for about 12 hours..
no additional treatment so far..

smelled like fish, but after washing & covering with linseed oil, it´s bearable..:D

..don´t know how it changes over time, but it looks damn cool so far!

cheers,
fabi

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,882 Posts
Cool. Let me know how it wears.

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Um, Fabi? I think your slingshot is, like, um... blue. And that's okay, man, you know, blue is like kinda kewl for a fish. Tuna is blue when it still has its skin and stuff. So this could, you know, be a tuna fork. Or a tuning fork? Can it tune a piano and tuna fish? Um... Where was I?

-Wild Bill

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Um, Fabi? I think your slingshot is, like, um... blue. And that's okay, man, you know, blue is like kinda kewl for a fish. Tuna is blue when it still has its skin and stuff. So this could, you know, be a tuna fork. Or a tuning fork? Can it tune a piano and tuna fish? Um... Where was I?

-Wild Bill

..i think, you´re as blue as tuna by the moment :p

..in germany, being blue means "totally wasted" :D

..cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
..i think, you´re as blue as tuna by the moment :p

..in germany, being blue means "totally wasted" :D

..cheers!
Actually, I knew that. I'm glad you got the joke. Cheers!

-Wild Bill

·
ruthiexxxx
1,005 Posts
I think for the superior sort of fork it should be cask-aged balsamic vinegar from the Umbrian region.

·
709 Posts
What kind of wood was this?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you add steel wool, a little used coffee grounds to the vinegar and let it sit for roughly 12 hours you will get a fairly nice "Barnwood effect" After 12 hours the mixture will go to a rust color though, so you have to watch it careful.

·
Lactose is my Kryptonite
952 Posts
I wouldn't ver think of that! It looks great too, Maybe it'll look good on a knife handle???

·
The Evil Genious
2,028 Posts
Its oak
The same result with iron

·
The Evil Genious
2,028 Posts
Iron nails with oak stuff and water

·
58 Posts
you should try a stress test do a scrap part of that wood then put it in a clap with the strongest band set you shoot with and see how it holds up when you pull back on the bands.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts