The Slingshot Forums banner

Vesa for Leon

4K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  Jeb 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Few months back I received a nice package from our friend Leon13. Stuffed with targets, pouches, slingshot toys and an über cool T-shirt. I picked up an earlier project of mine to create something interesting for him as a return of his awesome package. I liked best his large pouches. Working fine and I'm accurate with them.

This is the Vesa frame. 3D printed and died in green paint. It's handle is pretty narrow, but liked the overall proportions so kept that thinner curvature. A sacrifice over function or just an "artistic" decision :).

I hope my friend likes it. Thank you for watching!

Have a nice day :)
Tremo

Wood Twig Trunk Art Natural material

Trunk Wood Vase Artifact Drinkware

Bicycle part Font Revolver Gun barrel Joystick

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Every time you post a slingshot it's like Christmas morning as a kid, I simply can't wait to dig in and see what's there. I'm always surprised and never disappointed. This one is wonderful from the shapely lines to the toxic waste green color.

#10 ·
Hey Tremo!

yet another fine specimen of your admirable
“scelettized“ series! A very nice minimal design!
I like the solution of thumb and finger rest ;)
.. a nice example of what a designer does to
realize a clean form!

Well done!

kind regards,

Be

#15 ·
Cool. Colour , style , everything is masterclass. Is this only a prototyp or realy shootable?
How strong is such a 3D printed frame?

#19 ·
Wow that is amazing, I wish I had access to that kind of equipment, and the knowledge to operate them, looks great ,well done !:)
Thanks mate! The technology is usually automated you only need a proper 3D application that can create watertight models. If you're interested in the technolgy you can check shapeways.com for some info and inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!

Now that is as kewl as it gets!

-Wild Bill
Thanks Bill! Cheers :)

Every time you post a slingshot it's like Christmas morning as a kid, I simply can't wait to dig in and see what's there. I'm always surprised and never disappointed. This one is wonderful from the shapely lines to the toxic waste green color.
Hey Dolo! Really glad you say that! This toxic green is new from the printing corp me like it too. I promise I try to maintain quality in next works too.

Kick-ass design! Very cool
Wunderbar! The shape is really cool. Love the colour. Awesome work.
Damn.....
THANK YOU MY FRIENDS!

Hey Tremo!

yet another fine specimen of your admirable
“scelettized“ series! A very nice minimal design!
I like the solution of thumb and finger rest ;)
.. a nice example of what a designer does to
realize a clean form!

Well done!

kind regards,

Be
HHa :D Yes, Be you know it well! :) Keep the line for driving the eye but add the feature to extend function. Your note is right.

Bests!

Amazing work as always! Your stuff is just too cool!
Thanks Drew! Good to see you around!

Very cool! Very much has a tool look to it. Me likey!!! You gave me an idea for a welded design out of flat bar........
Thanks! Let me know if you made something by this inspiration! Am always opened to discuss these and really like welded items!

Fine work as always. What software do you use to draw up the designs for your 3D printer? We use 3D Bentley Microstation and create a DXF file.
Thanks BigDH! Most of 3D printers read STL, VRML, OBJ files. So any workhorse 3D software can be used. I never used Microstation but prefer CAD like that for these works. So I think it can be used for this purpose easily. Since I made tuition of various 3D and 3D CAD applications I usually make mixed works. Solid Edge is my favorite tool. SolidWorks is cool also and really popular (lotsa tutorials). Creo is an ultimate piece. For detailing ZBrush and Mudbox digital sculptors are very handy, including Sculptris for optimization of STL files. For correnctions of STLs Netfabb & 3D Tool are handy. I use SLS machines and printing factory prepares my files (converting them to print data). The hardest thing is to learn how 3D printed models can behave. Hope this info helps to look around.

Unique design, cool color and badass look? Check. - He'll absolutely love it!
Thaaaanks!

Cool. Colour , style , everything is masterclass. Is this only a prototyp or realy shootable?
How strong is such a 3D printed frame?
Thx! The Vesa has reinforced tips and internal ribs. Tested and analyzed virtually and in practice. I have a work in progress design and made two forkhits at the same place, nothing happened. Also hammered off an earlier model pretty hard. Material is industrial grade PA6 (nylon) that's used to make screws and bolts. I also cut threads inside the material sometimes. Works like a charm. So it's not a prototype. If you want to know more, take a look for "e-manufacturing" at google.

I'm trying to think of a build of yours I didn't love.....nope can't do it! This is really, really cool.
Thanks Scoobs! You made an outstanding evolution in your works. You can be proud of it. Man, my hats off!

That's just cool! It's gotta be fun to have that kind of technology to work with.
Thanks Whittler! It's a mix of fun and pain in the a**. But more fun.

Sweet, looks like an insect in the last pic :)

But I liked Vesalius a bit more, wood is wood :)
Hey JK,

The insect comparison is totally right :D You nailed it. My Nora collects insects, so no doubt her hobby has an influence on me. Right now we have a Tanzanian millipede at the terrarium :).

Vesalius is my treasure, you know that. It's just impossible to properly reproduce the form inside 3D. But this is why we like naturals so much! You can't beat nature :)

---------------------------------------
THANK YOU all for your kind comments!

Have a nice day,
Tremo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.