varnish

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by thehornedal, Aug 7, 2013.

1. thehornedal

thehornedal Junior Member

Hello!

I wonder what type of varnish is the best for slingshot many says linseed oil but other natural beeswax.
    And some make a mix of beeswax, linseed oil and turpentine

what is the best one do you think?

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

like many other things it depends on what you prefer. do you want a nonslip grip, just protect it from moisture, do you like it glossy and shiny or that the grain/color comes out well,... ?

some use wax others oil or polyurethan.

i'm happy enough with superglue, epoxy or water resistant woodglue.

3. thehornedal

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

5. thehornedal

what oil and what wax... :D

I now apply linseed oil on one of my slingshots!
    should i apply beeswax after that?

Attached Files:

6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Nice sling,
    Not really sure though :(

J

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I like car polishing wax.... Those that comes in low cans. I've never used beeswax, not easy to find here.
    You can also use furniture polishing wax.

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wood finishing wax is very good. Minwax brand 'finishing wax' is very good and available most everywhere.

9. Moin moin,
    Oh much easier, faster and ready ....
    Throw them the next time the french Make cooking oil!
    Would you like it dark in that state in which cold is hard, with superfluous oil, it stays bright ...!
    Why is there inside? ...
    Through the heat, the water is dissolved out, and the oil may penetrate well into the pores, they do not report to dannach fries.

Bloss my wife did not want any more from the fat fries, I wonder why? Head scratching .....
    -

Ach viel leichter, und schneller fertig....
    Schmeiß sie beim nächsten mal Pommesmachen ins Fritierfett!
    Möchtest du sie Dunkler, in welches was im kalten zustand Fest ist, bei Flüssigem Öl, bleibt sie heller...!
    Warum da hinein...?
    Durch die hitze, wird das Wasser rausgelöst, und das Fett kann gut in die Poren eindringen, sie richt dannach auch nicht nach Pommes.

Bloss wollte meine Frau keine Pommes mehr aus dem Fett, ich frage mich warum? Kopfkratz.....

10. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

I would suggest to apply now several layers of a car polishing wax as BV mentioned. Shiny, easy to use, inexpensive and everywhere aveilable.

@Thorsten: dip it into a deep fryer :D - very nice- never heard it bevore. I should give it a try.......