"Untiteld" - The Making Of

Discussion in 'The latest one!' started by JoergS, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well friends,

sorry for the 2 day radio silence...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc5HUS8dLN0[/ame]

As you see I am fine, and yes, most of you have guessed right. This was part of the marketing campaign for the upcoming "Zombie Wars" movie.

Provovative, you may say?
    Irresponsible, you may say?
    Negative for the sport, you may say?

Well, this is the nature of my channel. Ever since I shot a steel ball against a motorcycle helmet four years ago, this was the case. I did such stunts many times over the year - around Halloween, always in a more drastic way.

This video is proof that believable SFX can be made quite inexpensively, if you are creative. A lot of people doubted that.

I do apologize in case you have been concerned about me, but let me say that I have answered each and every PM and/or email, telling people that this was a fake. Several members of this forum may be able to confirm.

Anyway, it was A LOT OF FUN!

2. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Finally solved!

Anyway amazing what SFX can do to a forum:D

3. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

thanx for this denouement!

4. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Well, thank the **** for that !

I suppose it's difficult to stay mad at our hero for long but that was a nasty shock.

At least it's made me even more safety conscious, especially when shooting big stuff

5. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Thanks for clearing that up.

However, regardless of the reasoning, you have lost a great deal of credibility amongst much of the slingshot community; which will take a great deal of time, and effort to re-establish.

I ask that you read my personal comments in the topic regarding this previously toward the end, as a matter of courtesy.

Particularly regarding prior preparation and planning, to prevent piss poor performance etc.

Regards Allan Leigh

6. Otees

Otees Another Member

Great that you cleared it up. A mate and I analysed the video closely and saw some things that could prove that it was fake. Good job on the editing and effects though. 183 facebook friend requests hahaha!

7. Mightytall

Mightytall New Member

And you couldn't do both videos in one now, could you?
    It turned my stomach upside down watching the video and I was worried sick for two days.
    In particular because I've personally had a comparable accident at a shooting range, ending up with a heavily bleeding wound in my abdomen.
    Some idiot dude was shooting very bad hand loaded cartridges from a semi auto rifle and a shell burst halfway on extraction, sending brass shards my way.

Part of me is glad you're ok, but the larger part of me is livid because of the fake and the two days of suspense.
    I'm sure this will cost you a number of subscribers, including myself.
    Hope it was worth it ...

8. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I assume with "slingshot community", you are referring to that heavily censored slingshot forum that calls itself "the original" even though it was established many years after the SlingshotUSA forum?

Your naive and foul comments about me will no doubts earn you a "moderator" position over there. Don't be too proud, every other active member is a moderator. A perfect arrangement, half of the members censor what the other half is posting :)

Just so you know.

I love slingshots, and I shoot them every day. There is rarely a week without me making a new frame for myself. This is my hobby.

But I also run a professional channel on YouTube, which is now my main job and feeds my family. I love that job, but I must do what I must do.

I do what I think entertains my audience best. It is called "show biz". I care for my fans and my audience, including the members of this forum. Nobody forces you to watch my videos. If you don't like my work, thanks and bye bye.

If you believe that I care what the so called "slingshot community" thinks about me, you are mistaken. I was always the black sheep of slingshots, and got banned for my provocative work in many other forums before "the original" even existed. I showed the world another side of slingshots. Awesome power, new designs, destruction and provocation. I shot at helmets, meat, even police vests.

It worked well, and I won't change anything! Expect many more videos of mine that will be "bad for the sport" (but in reality draw in many new people).

9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

The video almost got 500k views in less than 48 hours. How many views do you think it would have gotten if I would have posted the "Making Of" as well?

Why did you not send me a message if you were so concerned? Many other members did, and I always answered immediately.

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Oh well, I suppose black sheep have to stick together !

(but still mightily relieved it turned out not to be real!)

11. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I'm glad you are okay and yes, the special effects were pretty convincing. I watched it once and it turned my stomach enough that I didn't want to watch anymore to debunk it. I'm a horror fan and love gore, the thing that upset me was knowing someone I've followed and respect might have gotten hurt. Two days of debates, arguments, and not knowing made things tense around here.
    You did get what you wanted, many views and more people interested in the sport (or you). In the process though, you worried people that look to you as a friend they chat with on a board. I look at friends on forums as no less then a friend I know in person. I think it was done all in poor taste, but I am glad that you did reply to all those that contacted you directly. I'm sorry I didn't do the same, I should have.
    I love your videos and forum too much to leave, so no worries, you're stuck with me for awhile. ;)

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Ok.....I told you guys that it was not blood. Leaving my humbleness aside, when it comes to medical emergencys, I'm the master here.

Joerg, some mates of the forum got very worried and mad at you because of this. Some even think about leaving the forum.

And it is bad reputation for the sport.

It was not nice or funny. I know that you rely on your youtube channels and views....but playing with people's feelings is cruel.

13. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

hehehe, i knew it! nicely done! :p

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I have been accused to be bad for the sport many times throughout all these years. This isn't exactly my first provacational video, you know!

In reality, I brought lots of people to the slingshot hobby. I don't really see it as "a sport", since there is no real organization (to speak of), there aren't any leagues and very few tournaments. There is just a lot of people shooting individually in their own back yards, using THEIR rules.

Shooting slingshots is just great fun without needing any more ambitions. It won't ever be olympic. Just the way I like it.

As for the people that are concerned, those obviously were not concerned enough to shoot me a message.

So this is what I have to say to my critics.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs[/ame]

15. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

well, actually, i am! a lot! :D

16. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i watched the vid again because of a feeling that something was not right with it. i didn't want to believe that jörg or his wife would upload it without mentioning that he's alright again. it seemed not real to me but i couldn't tell what the reasons were.

so i watched it again to find the reasons of this strange feelings: the too fast bouncing back and flight angle of the steelball, the fall of the camera, the hint in the text description, the cutting scene, the "towel" on the catchbox just before the last shot, jörgs cheek seemed to reveal that he is smiling during the last shot, the fake blood on his t-shirt, the fake wound, thinking about the time consuming cutting and editing with cranial injuries and the fact that it would be boring to upload a vid just to introduce this "safe" slingshot.

but yeah, i also was shocked for a second because the acting looked very real to me.

17. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Really? I figured if you were hurt you wouldn't bee able to respond. You can't judge a person's feelings by their actions alone. A person can feel one way and react outwardly another way.
    I'm a mother of two boys, so my reaction is much like, "why would you do that to me?!?! I'm so mad at you!!" And then smoother them with hugs and cuddles.
    Don't push truly concerned loving fans/friends away because they are openly telling you how they feel and you might not like everything that is being said.
    I can't speak for everyone, but know there is genuine love and concern behind my words. I'm caring and stern, that's just how I do things. :)

18. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Yes, I am entertained, and yes once I read a bit, thought a bit, it was fairly clear exactly what you were doing it, and then why.

So Yes, for me, you are forgiven for scaring the crap out of me.
    And yes accepted for being who you are, doing what you do.

Just remember, what you do does effect a lot of lives. :)

19. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Nope, not gonna feel any guilt for not sending a PM.

There are thousands of Forum members.

I honestly did NOT believe that I would have received a response. I didn't think it would be in good taste to expect or demand one -- not if Jörg truly was injured. My personal thinking was if Jörg is in the hospital or resting at home, then SOMEONE close to him would soon be in touch with the Forum as soon as possible.

My thinking is that it's better to hear from one knowledgable person, than expect some poor person to try to cope with a flooded PM box. I really expected to hear something soon due to the logging-in/out activity.

I guess I'm weird like that. Maybe I need to be more assertive. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  20. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Well that was my reaction too. If Joerg had been seriously injured I'm sure the last thing the family would want to have to deal with is an avalanche of concerned fan mail .