UK SlingBow Archers Association Email Competition

Discussion in 'Slingbows' started by dannytsg, Jun 26, 2013.

1. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Hi all,

I recently started up the UK SlingBow Archers Association.

In order to get more people shooting SlingBow I have devised an email competition that is shot once per month starting in July and running until December.

This competition is open to anyone who wishes to be involved and is not just closed to UK members.

If you would be interested in having a go please view our link and if you have any questions or comments then please get in touch with me:

http://uksaa.webs.com/u-k-s-a-a-email-competition

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

An email competition? How exactly does it work? Rules?

3. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

It's all detailed on the web page.

1) Download and print off our A4 archery target HERE
    2) Find a suitable place that is safe to shoot.
    3) Set up the target on a suitable backstop.
    4) Measure out 10 meters to your firing line.
    5) Fire 10 arrows at the target
    6) Circle and mark each arrow hole
    7) Score your target using our guide HERE and add up you score. then mark it on the target out of 100
    8) Email a picture or scan of your shot and marked target to [email protected]
    9) All targets must be submitted on of before the 10th of each month I.E. Targets shot on or before 10/07/13 to qualify for July scoring.

It is as simple as that. I thought this would be a good way for people to actively shoot in some sort of slingbow competition

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Slingshot Boy Reloaded?
    Sounds pretty after Master Bill's Contest! --> https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f4/pocket-predator-shooting-contest-fun-prizes-skills-30207/
    Maybe you should try your own Ideas...

The Monthly PocketPredator.com slingshot shooting contests.

One official target printed out from http://www.pocketpredator.com/MatchTargetSheet.pdf OR you can simply shoot at real matches placed a minimum of 2" apart.
    A barrier of some sort set at a minimum of 33' from the target.
    A way to prove the distance.
    You must stand behind the barrier.
    You must shoot 10 shots.
    Ammo should be .60 cal and smaller, to big and the paper is punched to much to tell anything.
    Everything must be a continuous video shot, no pauses or stops, unedited and legible in frame. It is also advisable to prove no video cutting by either playing a radio in the background, audible to the audience... or showing an analog clock in frame at the same time when shooting.
    Contests start on the 1st of the Month and run to the last day of the Month, closing at 6 pm Central Standard Time of that day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2KWnkiMkn8[/ame]

http://pocketpredator.com/seven.html

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  5. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I can guarantee you I am no Slingshotboy as my posts will show you. I am someone trying to advance a sport. If you do not wish to have a go then don't.

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Your slingshots look beautiful and I also like to shoot with the Slingbow.
    But I find it not nice that you simply copied Bill's contest only with a very little changed.
    So why not Start now and make your own contest instead of copying another Idea?!
    Maybe with a longer Distance. I think that 10 meters is to short because at 10 m you Shoot as well as a Slingshot.
    I would also prefer Videos. Pictures say nothing, you can Cheat easily.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wApndTIinxs[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  7. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

It's in times like this, when the Slingshotboy has recently been wreaking havoc, that we must remember Joergs first and only rule:

Be polite.

We must be careful, or soon we accuse everyone for being him- on minimalistic evidence. This competition was clearly influenced by Bill Hays Contest, but I think it should be okay. Maybe it is things like this Mr Hays wanted to achieve with his contest: to make the slingshot community grow, and let more people get involved.

Good luck with the contest!

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

You're right, sorry for my Statement @ all!
    Only regret, that the Content was simply copied.

I wish you also Good luck with your Contest!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  9. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I see your point Schultz! ;)

10. Why make a new one?

Copying is so easy!

Chinamen shows us every day copying!

Slingshotboy made the same!

Not better but worse.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  11. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I can honestly say that I did not know about Bill Hayes' competition. I used this idea from an air pistol competition I used to shoot at 10 meters.

The reason for picking 10 meters was that so the average person can shoot this in their garden, as not everyone has enough space to be able to shot further than that.

I also scaled down the FITA 18m target to be correct at 10m and the scoring is derived from the FITA archery scoring rules.

I appreciate that competitions such as this have been done before but 10m is a standard distance and rules are interchangeable. If this competition has been a copyrighted idea by Bill Hayes I apologise and will devise something else.

12. Schultz

Schultz New Member

A Slingbow Shooting Contest is a good Idea.
    Your rules look only how Bills so I am sorry.
    Maybe you can change it from Images to Videos to get sure that nobody Cheat and to get a better look how a Slingbow shoot.
    And it would be nice when you post the results also in this forum. If someone like your stuff, he probably take a look at your Forum too.

13. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I will amend the rules so that video proof is required to ensure the shots were made according to the rules. If people to want to participate then I will post results here as well

14. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Just a further bump to encourage people who may want to take part. 1st targets to be submitted by 10/07/2013 for the first round

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Good Idea on the contest. As for looking like someone elses idea? There are only so many ways to do these things.

Also, that is not slingshotboy. I have made a game out of spotting him. It is sort of like my own version of "Where's Waldo?" I'm pretty sure he is here.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  16. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Thanks for the words of support.