The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have pretty restrictive laws on knife carry in the UK. The only knives you can carry without a valid reason are non -locking, folding knives with a cutting edge of less than 3 inches. Anything that looks threatening is frowned upon so although my Lansky Madrock is 100% legal it will probably leave me answering some questions if I was stopped!

This is my interpretation of a good UK legal EDC knife. It's an Opinel #6 that's had a 1/4 inch taken from the blade (total length now 2.75 inch) and reshaped into a dropped spear point. The handle has also been reshaped, oiled, waxed and burnished. I forced a patina to give the blade some protection (the red rust is from my blood, yup I cut myself with it!) and finally removed the locking ring to make it legal. The pocket clip will probably ruin the looks a bit it will make it really practical so as soon as I get screws its going on.

All done by hand using a sharpening stone and sandpaper so pretty happy. Sorry for the poor pics :)

·
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the pictures posted properly now so that may help. Have a read about what I did to it again ;)

·
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, that's fair enough then. The only bit of the handle I didn't strip was the pivot so it's a pretty strong friction lock now. I have stronger knives for bigger jobs/work etc so this is just a nice little pocket knife. Best thing is it cost me £9 and took a couple of hours so cheap too!

·
Slinger of Shots
2,070 Posts
So, what about smal fixed blades like neck knifes?

·
Administrator
10,882 Posts
Nice work. Good to hear from you, man.

·
My slingshots are like me. They aren't pretty.
1,236 Posts
Very nice. I've got a no9 needs a new handle with 2 year old blood on the blade( cut myself and threw it in a field I found it the other day) I doubt it will end up as good as yours though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I have found that EVERY knife will require some of your blood at some point. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts

I had a cursed hammer once that required a steady offering of thumbs. Would have chucked it in a field, too, but it was so evil I was worried it'd boomerang back and kill me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I had a cursed hammer once that required a steady offering of thumbs. Would have chucked it in a field, too, but it was so evil I was worried it'd boomerang back and kill me.
I have one of those too!

It spends most of its time on the opposite end of my yard where it was thrown.

·
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work. Good to hear from you, man.
Thanks! I now know why 'May you live in interesting times' is considered a curse.

And cars, car require a blood sacrifice whenever you are working on them.

Juggalo, if that handles not completely rotten it has potential with that spalting :)

·
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
....... are you sure that this isn't some of the newer madness acts that get pumped out every now and then?
Fixed blades are covered under the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 and the Criminal Justice Act 1988 so pretty old laws

Its crazy but when have laws ever been made by people who know what they are talking about?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts