Two weeks without slingshots.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Jeremy, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I am flying to Michigan today for two weeks of training for my new job. During that time I will not have access to my slingshots. :mad: This will be the longest slingshot drought I have had since I started enjoying them again. :(

Wish me luck.

2. kiitos

kiitos Banned

I do! Sometimes life is "hard, but unjustificated". Go your own way!
    What you need is a fly flap with single TB black to smash f.e.
    beerbottle caps off the monitor. Draw it like a derringer...
    -Helps ernormously to "stay in form!"-

Attached Files:

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Hmmm. Next time, make yourself a little BB shooter, band it up and pack it in your checked bags along with some .20g airsoft BB's. That way you can do some shooting even in your hotel room. You can shoot with a pillow or a blanket as a backing. It' very quiet, so you won't disturb your neighbors. At least you can get some target practice in.

4. Jeremy

I may have to look at making a bb shooter as I may be travelling a fair amount for my new job.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I made my first one recently. I am really enjoying it. Whether I'm shooting the airsoft BB's or regular steel BB's, it's a nice alternative when I need something I can shoot without causing too much damage :) Plus BB's (steel or airsoft) are cheap!

6. Jeremy

What type of bands do you use?

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Thin Thera Band Black work very well. I've got a set that is tapered from 1.5 cm to 1 cm, about 10 cm long tied to a Ray's Super Sure magnetic pouch (nice for the steel BB's). It's plenty of power for either type of BB - and, no hand slap! Honestly, while you're on vacation, some small to medium office rubber bands would be a fine stand in for the TTB.

You can see the setup I made in my post here (flagrant self promotion ;)):

https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f5/mini-moorhammer-bamboo-31353/

8. Jeremy

Nothing wrong with self promotion.

I may have to try shooting some bbs from my PFS.

9. Jeremy

I purchased a BB shooter from Perry over at A+. To my surprise there was a very quick turn around time, despite a notice of up to three weeks turn around on his site. I plan on taking it with me when I go back to Michigan in a few weeks, it will help me pass the evenings and weekend while I am in town.

I was a little concerned about the size of it, but it feels comfortable in my fairly large hands.