Two new Naturals

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by LW, Jul 26, 2013.

1. LW

LW New Member

Ok guys and girls, after a lot of laminating and metal work, I had to work with some naturals.

And this is what I have done over the week in my spare time.
    Those Forks are made of yew tree, which had to go from the garden in January, so I cut some forks,
    before the tree went to the “Tree Heaven”

Na0101.jpg
    Na0102.jpg
    Na0103.jpg
    Na0104.jpg

and the second one

Na0201.jpg
    Na0202.jpg
    Na0203.jpg
    Na0204.jpg

So, tell me which one you like the most and I tell you which is the best shooter …
    Or maybe you don’t like them, then you can post a comment in another Thread.
    :D

Na09.jpg
    Na10.jpg

I think I have four natural forks (yew tree) left this is a nice wood comparison to the 20 beach tree forks I have waiting to dry…

So, sorry folks, this won’t be my last post showing you my homemades and my addiction:p

2. Very nice and great Slingshot's!

Very nice wood!

Very nice carving and finishing!

Beautyfull!

Joe

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

They are both absolutely beautiful! but I have to say, the styling on the second fork is amazing! That rounded palm section, the way you shaped the midsection down to reveal the inner grain...just dynamite! Very, very nice!
    And please don't stop showing us your shooters! We all share the same addiction:D!

4. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Both are amazing LW. The idea with the lanyard hole crossways to the shooting direction is great. ( we need a thumbs up smiley)

5. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG] Oh my GAWD!

LW, every time I see your work, I'm always thinking: It can't get any better. And I'm always wrong. These are magnificent!

Tree Heaven is right! Which one I like most??? Okay, I'll close my eyes and pick. Um... I'll need to get back to you on that. I seem to be having some sort of double vision.

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I actually have to call this a case of treeincarnation!! Haha, I'm so sorry, I couldn't help it:p

I love the flat fork profile as well, very different

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Yew is amazing..... The first is 0'0000000001 times prettier....(my opinon). And I gess it shoots better too!

8. LW

LW New Member

Maybe I call them brother and sister, they came from the same tree and I made one Monday and the other on Tuesday. But I won’t say which one is the female, because of D´s unpredictable hormones… :D

9. EnesK

EnesK Call me the boss

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ which one do i like the most???[​IMG] I got it...[​IMG] I like them both[​IMG]but no really i think they both look awesome and very good shooters good job as always[​IMG]
    Enes

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  10. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Very nice!! i absolutely love yew

11. Don't know what Hormones are? :D

I'm silly!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

There must be something in the air these last few days! Everyone is rather romantic!:D

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Looks really Perfekt :D 1+

14. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

i find the flatter one to be more appealing in grain and finish, but I think that the round one is going to be the better shooter. Regardless of that, they are both quite lovely and Skillfully done.

15. artons

artons New Member

I think they're both wonderful
    I really love this wood, it has amazing grain
    An incredible work as always :D

16. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Here you go, Flicks. For LW! [​IMG]

17. Mister Magpie

Mister Magpie New Member

LW,

I like them both but my preference is for the second with the round grip.

Darren

18. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Pfft. That's just the regular LW-stuff... [​IMG]

Which is perfect, beautiful, amazing, fascinating and still something new, every time. Great work, LW! [​IMG]

19. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Amazing work! the second one is a stunner!

20. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

I like the 2nd one more, but both are great forks. Yew seems to be an amazing wood for slingshots.