"Twins - Bet shooter set"

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Ravensbull, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Well, here I wanted a set that I never really shoot much, other than to deal with my big mouth buddy. Kind of blowhard, as he claims he knows all, has done most things, if he owns something the same as yours- his is better... Oh, and if it shoots a projectile, he's a master of all accuracy... Blah.. So I won ten bucks off him earlier today shooting! I let him pick one right after we banded up, he got 11 hits out of 20 with 1/4" steel at 10 yards on a beer can. I hit 14 solid with one tickler! They are my maple laminate resawn at 5/8" thick. Two different stain colors and one is a bit fuller bodied. These are a fun and solid little shooter that can be banded much heavier. I drew this on folded tracing paper, so I'm not openly aware of any certain similar pattern, although it has obvious influences. Looking on in is the second mug is Everclear Applepie :D Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. I love 'em! Functional, my biggest piece of thought ever and it 100% is! It is also purdy! You sir have my 110% :)

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I take personal responsibility for your shooting expertise. I will graciously accept one-half of your earnings in compensation. Please deposit said earnings into my bank account. PM me for the routing number.

-Wild Bill

4. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

CERTAINLY NO EXPERTISE HERE Bill..! That was more like good luck in my position... I do always seem to shoot BBs and 1/4" steel with decent to better accuracy than my heavier gear though. Probably due to spending a lot more time plinking around at whatever with the cheaper factor of ammo. 1/4" daisy stuff is under $5 for 250 count and you can get a hsitload more BBs for that same price. These shooters could be banded heavy enough for my lead balls too considering the length of grain flow from fork down into the handle so it would likely make strong board cut frames as well. I think it would size scale up or down some good too.

5. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Blah, blah, blah. Pay up.

-Wild Bill

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Beautiful, great looking shooters.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ha! I hope that will silence him for a while! I always like to see a blowhard go down(just realized there is quite the double entendre there):D
    Nice shooters man, the matched set reminds me of old-school dueling pistols!

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Hmmm, I think I may know the same person - make that people. I've got a former brother-in-law that could always top you, even if he had never done something before, he was certain he'd be great at it. Man, those kind of folks drive me crazy. It's fun when you can remind them they are in fact, only human, and do have some limitations.

I like the shooters, it's a nice design. Even better when they are put to such good use. Put up or shut up, seems like a good way to go.