tubes to wooden slingshots

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by smooth1962, Aug 24, 2012.

1. smooth1962

smooth1962 New Member

hey i see wooden slinshots with holes drilled in them how do you hook tubes to them on do you put something in the tubes so they dont pull out or what?

2. DaveSteve

DaveSteve New Member

One of the methods is the 'matchstick' method.<br><br>You pull the tubes (loop) through the hole and secure it with a 'matchstick' or similar at the other side. Works very well for TTF shooter.<br><br>You need to pull the tubes with a string so they are streched while pulling them through. That's why the hole need to be smaller than the OD of the tubes you use. This method works for square tubing as well. <br><br>Another one would be that you pull the loop through the hole and fold it over the forks to secure it.

3. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

I've seen tubes attached with a small sphere stuck into the end of the tube which holds it against the smaller size of the hole drilled into the fork tips.

4. FORTUNENGLORY

FORTUNENGLORY New Member

I've seen both of the above used in conjunction with tying knots in the tubes. I've used just knots in the tubes before, but I've never really trusted it.

5. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

ive seen that some people stick the tubes through a hole in the slingshot, and then inserting a steelball in the tube, which is bigger than the drilled hole.

6. baianatunada

baianatunada New Member

nice to see this incredible discussions

7. smooth1962

smooth1962 New Member

thanks all for your help