tSk shooter

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by tokSick, Jun 16, 2013.

1. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    I started a project that was unsuccessful due to my stupidity which I m not going to explain here :eek: Be that as it may, after a shooting session that was beneficial to calm my nerves because of that failure, I have grabbed a board (recycling, of course) and started it again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do not know what kind of wood it is. I thought it was Meranti but when I cut it I noticed the color of it. It is as orange as the brick wall ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for watching.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. Great and nice Slingshot!

Wonderfull color!

When it's finished and oiled it will be amazing!

Joe

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I don't believe any claims of stupidity for one second! I think failed projects always teach us something (like how to get really mad) or, at least let us laugh at ourselves.
    That being said, I really like this little shooter, the design of which is very nicely styled and looks great. That is a unique wood, and it really is the same color as brick! I wonder what it is? Seems like it has a nice close grain.
    This is looking great, tokSick!

Oh, and until you find out what wood it is, I'm going to hereby name it Salmonwood! Its color reminds me of salmon meat.

4. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

A beautiful Salmonwood-shooter! [​IMG]

Nice work as always tokSick! :)

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Beautifull one. Nice design!

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

7. It seems osage orange wood to be!

Joe

8. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I made some googleing to try finding the kind of wood it might be.... Nothing, i got nothing enough relevant to give me an idea:eek:
    @ Drachentoeter: I' ll check that osage orange wood on google. ;) Thanks for pointing it mate.

9. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Great color! Looks like a good and functional design. Well done, tokSick! :)

10. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Looks great !!! now may I ask if we can enjoy a destruction with your tSk baby ?
    Cheers
    Arturo

11. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Thank you all for the comments[​IMG]

Hi my friend,
    I will make a vid for you, but i ll shoot at someting as big as a can 'cauz i not good enough for shooting little bottle caps like you do. ;):D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  13. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Really nice design tokSick. I agree with Arturo - we want a destruction video, but first of all I would like to see it oiled. Quite sure that the grain and color will be amazing!

14. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Oh yes my friend, something we can see slowly ripping apart, the bottles tops don't worth for devilish destruction, breaks at first hit ... LOL
    Cheers
    Arturo

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

A Pickle Chalice! I like the looks of it. Be sure to showus when it is finished up.

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

17. jeefberky

jeefberky Sapling

Beautiful work... I've been trying to find designs that lend themselves to using boards. I think this will stand up to the strain of shooting. The wood looks like Padauk to me.

18. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Realy nice wood and of course clean work.

19. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Thank slingpit.
    It is a little uneven because i used a jigsaw for cutting it but i have corrected it as good as i could. Power tools are definitly not my thing bro!!! :eek:

20. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Here it is after sanding...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is time to take a bath...
    [​IMG]

Thanks for watching ;)
    [​IMG]