trying to shoot an apple with the JG940 carbon tube slingshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by uberfreak9, Feb 13, 2014.

1. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Hey. OK, here is my crazy contraption (some might argue successfully that it is a bit of Rube Goldberg design) but I had some fun trying to shoot an apple with it today...

[ame]http://youtu.be/qIVRCEkPcZE[/ame]

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

If I had an apple like that, I would EAT it :)
    ..just like Michael Jackson sang in his famous song

"Eat It"

- soo juicy that apple! -

I´d shoot one if I had plenty, or if it called me names or
    anything!

:)

Be

...thanks for the vid with that NASA-slingshot...

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Looks like fun to shoot. One thing I noticed though, and perhaps it's because of the camera angle, but it appears to me that on your draw, when you hit your set point, your pouch is not centered between the forks, but is rather more aligned with the top fork. If that's the case, then you're not getting equal force from both sets of bands, which will throw off your accuracy. It would be interesting to see a camera view from 90 degrees to your left, looking at the slingshot while you draw back to see if this is really happening or if it was just an illusion from the camera angle.

4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Your aim might have been a bit off, but what an arm!!!

5. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

thanks Be, the apple held up pretty well I thought. I'll try to be more sensitive next time but the apple didn't go to waste. ;)

when you say "NASA-slingshot" do you mean that in the "Challenger shuttle" NASA way or "Mars Rover" NASA way? :) I actually think it reminds me of the Cygnus from the 1979 sc-fi "The Black Hole" but my mind goes off like that. :p

6. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Yes, I noticed that too. I actually was aware that I was doing that and it seems like I haven't broken the habit. Lack of concentration. :p It is not like a regular slingshot where you don't have to be concerned about an even smooth draw back which makes it a bit more technical to shoot.

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey Über,

I didn´t mean to accuse you of wasting that apple!- I just informed you
    about that I would eat that thing if I could get to it. So next time you
    better atomize it quickly...

(I grew up where all the farmers grew apples.. the boys all knew
    how to throw them to vaporize them where they hit... which can
    be a forehead, sometimes... :) )

Concerning that NASA- classification, can we find a compromise?

Like Chapple? or Mapple? And why did you shoot the moon?
    - looking at it reveals all those dents.. what a mess! Will you
    fix that old boy?

So many questions... ;) .. best regards,

Be

8. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

I'd be stoked to see a meteorite strike! I actually enjoy the devastation wrought by mother nature for some reason, despite the tragic consequences sometimes, and much less the human-generated kind. Sorry, what were we talking about? :D

9. Cwren10222

Cwren10222 Member

Definitely a wicked looking contraption. Is sometimes hard shooting uphill too but in Be's words much better to eat that apple than shoot it lol unless your goal was to make applesauce which in that case fire away lol

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I'll just stick to humble shooters that could've hit the stick from 40. Looks imposing though. Bet it'd send a goofball farther than the whore monger called Tiger Woods can.

11. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Exemplary display of humiliation to note your pinpoint accuracy at 40. :D

I actually have shot a golfball (not a goofball but that sounds awesome) about 100 yards. I plan on dialing in the strength of the bands to demo more power and destruction of inanimate objects... look forward to it if you are into destruction as well as finesse. :D