Trigger redirect problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Haecksler, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

My problem here hasn't really anything to do with slingshots, but 'cause it isn't so different than a slingrifle trigger, i ask you for my problem.
    In a thick massive wooden shaft (spruce wood), I've got a lever tht should be turned 90°. I have to trigger that lever with my index finger at a pistol grip 10cm away from this. I hope this drawing can explain my problem better than my poor english description:
    [​IMG]
    Just now the shaft ist cutted up in two ways, one slot from the top to the bottom, one gap between this slot and the left site up to half of the height.
    I tought about using small strings, but the lever is relatively hard to pull and not so pretty stabile attached. and i need something that pulls the lever back if i take away my finger from the trigger.
    I'll be glad if anyone helps me.

Greetings, Haecksler!

2. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

Has noone got an idea?

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

sadly i haven't got any...

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Man...I tried to understand this mechanism of yours...read it 5 times...probabli the language barrier, but I just don't understand anything, from what you want it to do and even the picture.....

5. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

OK, i try to explain it another time: I pull the trigger with my indexfinger. If the trigger is pulled, the lever should be horizontally, if the trigger is not pulled, the lever should be vertical. But my problem is, that the lever is 10cm away from the trigger and should be turned 90° round, i turn the trigger maybe 20-30° round. I don't know how to connect those two parts so that i can move the lever with the trigger.
    But thank you for your time and your try :)

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Now I got it.... What is the lever size? Maybe some pulleys can be the answer.....

7. life4all

life4all New Member

Gday, From what I can work out you want the nut to move forward when the trigger is pulled quite simple have a look at my paint diagram and there is a similar trigger mechanism on youtube I will find the link later and post it so you can see.

EDIT: I couldn't find the exact trigger mechanism I was looking for but here is something similar [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUCEFqof25Q[/ame].

Another fantastic trigger mechanism has been designed by Cosmas Bauer [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7j6lw1Hb0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWCcRJWhE2Q2fvIY8m8zEGw[/ame] I highly reccomend this one as the nut is behind the trigger giving you a longer draw. I have done my own variation please see the second image.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  8. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

Thank you for your effort, life4all ! :)
    Your answer was wery helpfull, but i see no mechanism that pulls the lever back to his normal position if i pull my indexfinger back in normal position.
    If you have an idea to solve this problem, i got it :)

9. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

great tutorial, great job done!

10. BeMahoney

@Haecksler: Look at what I foung in the garbage (Entrümpelung),- those you can find on ebay, 8mm Celluloid-Camera trigger:

pushing the trigger gives you 20mm of push-way, 2nd pic shows the steel pin pushed out completely.
    If you mount that outside to a little lever (with a rotatable attachment-point pin/lever)- wouldn´t that work?

Or maybe a Bowdenzug/ Bicyclebreak?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Crown-8-Mode...oto_Camcorder_Filmkameras&hash=item417648e733

Attached Files:

11. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

This is a great idea!
    I'll check if i have some old bike parts at home.

12. life4all

life4all New Member

Oh I understand what you mean better. Try this (see image 1) when you pull the string/rubber back the back section of the back to front Y should engage to the "fire" position. I think you would be better off with a "nut" (see second image) Is there any reason you cant have the string/rubber released from behind the trigger mechanism? There are benefits to it you gain a longer draw, and if you make the sear longer you can lighten the trigger pull and extend the draw even further

Attached Files:

13. BeMahoney

14. BeMahoney

just wanted to know what it looks like inside-
    seems to be easy to change that molded recess with a nice looking one..

Attached Files:

15. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

Thank you for your offer, but i don't want to buy one of these. This was just a little fun projekt, i won't spend any money on it. But thanks to your picture, i know how i have to attach the "Bowdenzug" now :)
    Sorry that i have to reject your offer!

16. BeMahoney

Don´t get me wrong

Hi Häcksler,

this was NOT MY (AN) OFFER AT ALL!!! :eek:
    .. don´t get me wrong!- Neither it was an offer of anyone I know!

I just meant to do you a favour!-

(And I´d have liked to see some slingbow built like that, for I´m for sure
    gonna build one with exactly that trigger mechanism)

Please post the killing machine you´re building there as soon as you´re done,
    I´m curious for that!

greets,

Be

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  17. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

OK, now i can say it :D
    If I had tried to build or design a "normal" trigger for e.g. a crossbow, this weren't a big problem. I built a crossbow with nut-trigger by myself with maybe 12-13.
    But this thing here is absolutely NO killing machine :D The "lever" on my drawing is a valve. This complete project was for a water splash cannon. Please don't ask for what I need something like that, if i find time I'll post a few pictures of it.