Toilet Brush Sniper Rifle Project

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by JoergS, Sep 11, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

As you know I LOVE shooting toilet brushes with 9 inch nail tips.

Shot from a 2 m rifle, with four TBG bands per side, they reach firearms energy levels (>400 Joule) and sledgehammer momentum levels (>10 Ns).

They are also very accurate. How accurate exactly, I don't know, my previous shooters had no sights whatsover.

Now, I want to make a sniper rifle chambered for these deadly household items. I have ordered a nice scope, and even a bipod.

The system is already finished - a finely tuned trigger, long enough for an easy pull, and a comfortable handle plus rear stock. The picatinny rail can be mounted easily enough.

Will hopefully do the first test shots tomorrow!

[​IMG]

2. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Cleaning a zombie brain out of its skull from an even longer distance...whats not to love on this thought?

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

sounds great! this'll keep the undead far far away!

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

That is brilliant. I can't wait to see the final product in one of your videos.

5. NW_frameman

NW_frameman Member

I can't wait To see this one. The other toilet brush shooters made my day. Haaaaaa

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Devistation for less than half the price of a cheap arrow-- such lovely ammo.

7. Moin moin,

with a target device (scope) still remains the inaccuracy "shooter" ...
    Would be it be better to attach the bracket to a bullet?

So fix the "spin" on a heavy table, if necessary with a laser always check whether it remains standing, and then from 15m 10 times hurl ....

That is only something a Scientific nachtestbahren running, and a scattering circle .....
    Bid date, unfortunately I have not had exactly Rifle in hand ....

How accurate is yours?

-

mit einer Zieleinrichtung (Scope) bleibt immer noch die ungenauigkeit "Schütze"...
    Währe es nicht besser, das auf einen Einschussbock zu befestigen?

Also die "Schleuder" auf einen Schweren Tisch befestigen, notfalls mit einem Laser immer Kontrollieren, ob er so stehen bleibt, und dann aus 15m 10 mal schleudern....

Das , erst sowas gibt einen Wissenschaftlichen nachtestbahren ablauf, und einen Streukreis.....
    Bid dato, habe ich leider noch keine genau Rifle in der Hand gehabt....

Wie genau ist deine?

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Great idea! The toilet brush shooters are some of my favorite weapons you've designed!

9. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Yeah, this and the beard ;)
    Can' t wait to see it in action.

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

It is coming along nicely. Mounted the "barrel" (a 2m long 40x40mm pole) and attached a fork. Then I mounted the scope and the bipod! This is super accurate - unfortunately it started to rain before I could tune it in at 20 m.

I painted it black (tacticool), hopefully both the paint and the weather will be dry by tomorrow for some more shooting. Can't wait!

11. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Here are the first pics of the finished weapon... sorry for the messy workshop, will clean up tomorrow morning (another TV team is on the way).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cadman

Cadman New Member

Hmm, I didn't see a mess, just a workshop in good use.:)

13. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Omg 20m that is far. I still don't think showing toilet brushes is cool, but the concept is awesome. You should make arrows similar to toilet brushes so that they fit in the same gun but so they don't look like a toilet brush. I thinck it turn something deadly into something funny looking. Like who would suspect that being dangerous if they never saw it before. Just my opinion, you do as you wish Joerg.

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, it just so happens that toilet brushes work really well. They last, I did not have a single one breaking on me. They fly very straight due to the large brush. They are light enough to tolerate the heavy 9 inch nails I use as tips.

Normal arrows don't work, as their thin, spindly shafts do not allow attaching a bent nail hook. No hook, no rubber bands.

Also, in an apocalypse, one must use what is there. Toilet brushes will be left over everywhere, even after the tenth and twentieth looting.

15. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

That's pretty bad ass!

16. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Video is uploading... should be online in 90 minutes or so (no broadband here in countryside Germany).

I put three "arrows" into a 4 inch circle, from 20 meters (22 yards). With enough force to go through a 1 cm furniture grade plywood plank and then on another 4 inches into my foam archery mat.

17. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Sounds crazy power!! Can' t wait.

18. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh5W0JA-jo0[/ame]

19. NickF

NickF New Member

wow! well done and it comes with a bipod too :)