Toilet Brush Machine Gun - First Pics

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by JoergS, May 10, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I am working on the full auto version of the toilet brush shooter.

[​IMG]

I want the same performance (excellent!), but I want four of these deadly cleaning items sent downrange in under one second.

This is basically a supersized version of my pistol dart shooter, just with only four rounds instead of eight (due to size restraints). I also had to employ a battery drill instead of a power screwdriver, the heavy parts need more momentum.

[​IMG]

I first tried a more compact "fork wheel", but a misfiring occured and the toilet brush blew the 18mm plywood away. So I made a much larger wheel and had to adapt the frame accordingly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only attached one band set so far, more tests tomorrow.

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

i like it allready, can't wait to see it finished

3. eulengesicht

eulengesicht New Member

That thing is long ! About 2,1 m i guess. And sooo strong. With good fleching and heavy front, should be possible to shoot the brushes for about 50 meter i think. I would like to see you shoot them in a toilet as arrow catch or try to shoot into a dixie :)

4. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

you are amazing joerg

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

The fletching is probably a little too much, the range will be shortened for sure. But 50 m should not be a big problem. I can also put on more rubber.

But yes, the weapon is very long. The "barrel" alone has 2 meters. I guess the total length is 2,25 meters or so. This is pretty much the limit, any longer and you can't shoot it in standing position anymore.

I hope that the accuracy will be really good. This time I compensated for the rotation, the "firing" starts a little bit before the wheel has hit the highest point. Slomo cam will tell.

6. eulengesicht

eulengesicht New Member

You'll finish it this weekend?
    You dont use black & decker this time :)

7. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

This one is made for a German TV show called "Galileo". I have been featured by them twice. But now they want to do a "behind the curtains" episode. Filming is in three weeks, but I will have a week of vacation (sun - yipee!) in between so I have to finish the thing this weekend.

8. eulengesicht

eulengesicht New Member

Cool, yeah i know the show and i watched you in it. It can be found on youtube as well. There are also videos of you doing a presentation of some kind of reciever in german. Think you know that. :)

Nice vacations and get a lot of sun

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  9. Cadman

Cadman New Member

Joerg, if you trim every other row of bristles, you should reduce the drag on the brush. What you are currently shooting, is a Flu-Flu type arrow.

Brian

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Worked some more on the weapon today. Added a nice front handle, Moorhammer style. Banded all four forks up.

[​IMG]

I quickly encountered a huge problem: Return to senders and misfirings!

Those returners are dangerous. I mean seriously dangerous. One hit the door right next to my head... two inches to the right and I'd be in trouble now.

I don't really know what is going on - what I found out is that it works as long as you turn really slow. The fast spinning action of the battery drill is probably too much, destabilizes the "bolts" in flight.

I attached thin rubber bands to at least avoid the return to senders - this works fine. But there is still the issue of the tumbling bolts. About half of them do that. It must have something to do with the rotation - no problems at all if I turn by hand and push the bands up one at a time.

If all else fails, I will convert this baby to manual repeating action.

But it does look cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. artons

artons New Member

i can't wait for the video! :)

12. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

After seeing what this thing did to a coconut, I don't think there wouldn't be any trouble...:eek:

Hope that never happens.

13. eulengesicht

eulengesicht New Member

Mhh what could be the problem? You said the trigger releases a bit before the fork. Does it have something to do with mass inertia. Did you watch the slomo? Could imagine that the bolt flies straight while the fork is turning.

14. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Can´t get the pictures out of the head: Fighting a mean smiling zombie toilet. Brushing shots in the slowly opening lid. Wow. :cool:

15. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

Thats a good idea, take a slowmo clip and watch it, you should see where it comes from.

16. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

My wife isn't here this weekend, can't operate the hispeed cam on my own.

17. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

The fletching is large, but is it supposed o be a long-range weapon? You might want to try and shape the fletching to resemble the more traditional "X" shape.

18. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

My thought was that perhaps the flexible nature of the brush handles is a factor. Maybe a test with rigid "dummy" arrows could rule that out.
    Anyhow the slomo will tell all.
    Glad you solved the returning problem--frightfull!