Today while chopping pine branches up with my new Zulu...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wanimator, May 31, 2013.

1. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I injured my finger and thankfully I reacted well, and treated it. I thought I could see my bone at first maybe it is exposed.... anyways I was slicing/chopping up a thick pine branch with my "zulu spear" I just made (a little before I bruised my hand and bent up my new cutlass I made with a really bad hit) So I moved on to the spear and chopped a branch, but it and shrapnel from the hit impaled and took a lot of skin off of the joint. Just thought it was post worthy.

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ouch, that must have been quite painful. Hope that heals up ok.

3. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Get well soon!

4. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Yeah thanks. Update: I actually hit it with my hand and got splinters at the same time took me a minute to figure that one out. Thankfully on my Father's side they have a really weird bone density which most likely saved my finger from breaking the way I hit the joint. And from all the weird things I've done that I could have broken bones doing I have never broken anything but a pinky toe or 2... (or 3 times I have really bad luck with my pinky toes)

5. A saying in Germany is called there:

One does not give knife, scissors of fires light, to small children!

Get well soon!

Joe

6. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

It wasn't the weapons fault. It was the wood's. I practically punched it.

7. It's allways the other when the person could not work with his tools.
    Why don't you wear some gloves?

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  8. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

It was more of inexperience than the need of gloves, I also hit a bit of a curve in the wood while trying a new slashing technique that is only possible with weapons like the Zulu spear. And thanks guys.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  9. Schultz

Schultz New Member

That would be nice when you show, how you slicing a thick pine branch with your new slashing technique and your Spear great Master! :D

10. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I was just jabbing at a plank. And I felt like doing something stupid so I slashed at it... You're taking this too far Mr. Shultz. And It's really just using the length as an advantage and I had my hand too close to the impact point.

11. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Why? I read me through your Post´s and would find it only nice to see you in Action ;)
    By the length from a Spear of course you can strike very quickly, so I´am more interessted on your New Slashing Method and not on your Wound.

12. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I never said it was new. Just new to me. And I would probably just throw it at a zombie in my yard if anything ever happened and forget about it. I kind of stopped caring about the thing. It was just an expiriment. But sure I'll get some video of me with it. If I can find my camera.

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Do you believe on Zombies, Voodoo and this Stuff? :D
    How i said, I think an Axe is a very good choice when you want too smash some things.
    When you dont have seen it you should try this Link. There you can learn something about Axes.
    And it´s the same principle like a Hammer.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhRCNLMzUMY[/ame]
    And this is the guy with the book what you should buy. What Brazil Viking tell you.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_iVrHy4_A[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  14. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Zombie preparedness is more of a friends and I hobby. And it's just an example. Hmmm, the Axe is a great weapon no doubt, but a swordsman with great skill will kill before. Have you seen Mr Thompson's technique with 2 bowies against a tomahawk!? He goes ape and stops the attack before they can even get to him. The Axe segment of conquest in my opinion was biased and didn't give the other weapons a REAL chance. Though it had a good point and I learned from it nonetheless. That's a flaw of people, we are biased.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  15. Nice warhammer and the best is the Godendag!

Great good Morning Star!

Nice weapons!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  16. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Drach, no offence, but if you have trouble with english... I wonder if google translate could help?

17. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i use dict.cc

google translater is crap.

18. Look the other videos of the first Person of medieval weapons who Schulz set online!

Lesson 1 + 3

Then you know what the godendag ...... Is!

Before you want be a teacher!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  19. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I've already commented on them... They were great learning pieces, though conquest is always a little biased... But a great learning experience nonetheless.

20. knifefightermike

knifefightermike New Member

Safety first!

(Says the guy who just fished a piece of aluminum out of his eye 'cause he didn't wear safety glasses while grinding. :eek: )